Skip to main content
Topic: Where to buy Engine Electrical Harness 84 T-bird 5.0 (Read 741 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to buy Engine Electrical Harness 84 T-bird 5.0

I have a 1984 Thunderbird 5.0 liter.  I am looking for a place to purchase a new engine harness.  I can find Generic harnesses that need to be altered, but I was hoping to find a vendor that will be able to provide the engine harness specifically for an 84 bird so all of the connectors are already there in the wires are already color coded properly.  Does anyone know if a new harness is available?

Reply #1
Unfortunately, I don't think you can buy a new harness for an 84 Bird.  I think you're gonna have to do what the rest of us here have done.  Track down someone who's selling a good, used one and install it.

Good luck!
William

Reply #2
Thanks 88 Blackbird 5.0.  That is what I was afraid the answer would be.  I bought this car a couple of years ago from the original owner and it is a great car, but someone during diagnosis has poked holes in the insulation of many of the wires.  Now the wires are turning green and i am having some intermitent problems.  I started replacing some of the harness, but had hoped to purchase a new one.  Thanks again.  :)