Skip to main content
Topic: map to maf (Read 3540 times) previous topic - next topic

map to maf

I could not find any post about going from map to maf. Can any one tell me how or send me a link to a site that has it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

map to maf

Reply #1
http://www.coolcats.net/modifying/massair.html
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

map to maf

Reply #2
Thanks i forgot about coolcats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10

map to maf

Reply #3
Ok i got it all wired in but now i dont have any fule pre. Dose any one know why. I looked over all the pins and the all seam like they r locked in
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

map to maf

Reply #4
Are you getting power to the fuel pump relay? Good eec ground? Does the pump run when jumpered?
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

map to maf

Reply #5
I have not tryed any of that yet. Be for i took it a part it was working so i thought i messed something up in the convertion. Ill see if its geting power at all today if i can
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

map to maf

Reply #6
I found a diagram that tells me that im missing one thing that the coolcats info did not tell me. I need to add a wire from pin 19 to the fuel pump relay. That must be why its not starting. Oh and could some one let coolcats now that so no one els runs in to it too thanks. I have  the diagram and the page i found it on if any one wants to see it too. Thanks for the help haystack
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

map to maf

Reply #7
You don't need to add a wire from pin 19. I didn't and it runs fine. I'd check for other issues.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

map to maf

Reply #8
Yeah, that is just an optional fuel oump status monitoring wire or something like that. It will throw a code, ut not effect anything or turn on your check engine light. You have another issues. Try jumpering the fuel pump to run it, and check for power at your relay.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

map to maf

Reply #9
I have power at the relay but and pump. If i jump the pump it will run but the key seams to not turn the pump on now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

map to maf

Reply #10
Check pins 20 40 and 60 for ground with the computer disconnected. The if the ground is bad to the computer, or the computer relay itself, then the fuel pump relay will not get tripped. So check all your ground pins and make sure you have good condituity, then check for power too and from the computer relay.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

map to maf

Reply #11
I think it is going to be something stupid like a plug got disconnected, fried fuseable link by the battery tray, or maybe a grounding issue. Maybe eec relay.

Check the black grounding wire that goes from the battery to the fennderwell, then goes to a black plug to the injector harness. Make sure you have good ground between that wire and the computer.

The jumper for the pump just bypasses the relay. You basically need to find out why the relay isn't being tripped.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

map to maf

Reply #12
It was working just befor i did the swap tho thats whats realing geting me stumped
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

map to maf

Reply #13
Well, go over the things you changed. There was a no start thread I started where tom renzo pointed out pins that could be burnt up on the computer. Have you seen that computer work in another car?
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

map to maf

Reply #14
Yes it do run. I drove the  car for a few
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]