Skip to main content
Topic: Winter stuff to do (Read 6654 times) previous topic - next topic

Winter stuff to do

Reply #15
I wont be changing for a long time Ive still got another new mechanical advance in the box I'm stuck with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Winter stuff to do

Reply #16
The Big brown truck stoped by :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Winter stuff to do

Reply #17
Got started on making a home for those new 31 spline axles. If I have time after work tomorrow I will be dropping it off at a local rear end builder who will be sand blasting it and welding the tubes to the center. While there  he will install the new track lock and some other tings.

Winter stuff to do

Reply #18
That looks pretty sweet. 

Only car related thing done today was to install a trickle charger on the XR7 optima uber battery!!  :)

Travis

Winter stuff to do

Reply #19
What dist. are you running. I had a MSD Probillet in my ranger, I loved it. Mine had different bushings you could change to raise or lower full advance timing and it had different springs you could change for how fast or slow the advance came in. Really good Dist., if I swap from EFI to carb I'll be using a MSD Probillet.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Winter stuff to do

Reply #20
is that a bumper jack i see? i want a couple of those so bad!!
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Winter stuff to do

Reply #21
Quote from: Bruce M;377257
What dist. are you running. I had a MSD Probillet in my ranger, I loved it. Mine had different bushings you could change to raise or lower full advance timing and it had different springs you could change for how fast or slow the advance came in. Really good Dist., if I swap from EFI to carb I'll be using a MSD Probillet.

That's what I'm running I have two of them the first one the shop that put the steel gear on didn't set the end play rite and It hurt it self on start up had a different Machinist fix it and While I waited I got another one. Its a great distributor I have 1 light spring and one heavy spring and advance is in by 3000 rpm I gonna play a little more when i get the carb jetted down a little to get a little bit more around town 4th gear low rpm drivability

Winter stuff to do

Reply #22
Quote from: Shadow;377265
is that a bumper jack i see? i want a couple of those so bad!!

Why yes it is. I picked it up the other day for $175, Ive wanted one for a long time. I love using my buddies when I work at his shop.
Another friend stopped by and told me a funny story He says he knows why there called  bumper jacks and not side of the car jacks. He was picking up his old datsun pick up from the frame at the rocker and almost rolled it if he didn't leave the passenger door ajar when the truck was  going over it swung open and stopped the truck from going over.

Winter stuff to do

Reply #23
sounds like a pretty good deal.. i usually see them upwards around $300 and they disappear just as quickly as the ads are posted.. and yeah, i would only advise using it on the side of a vehicle if you have 2 lol

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Winter stuff to do

Reply #24
Pull graph looks good westie. Car sounds fantastic, too. If you can get that leaned out a hair it'll be perfect. Better to sneak up on it from the rich side, I say.  Best power around 12 to 12.5 in my experience. Any richer than 12 can lose quite a bit. I'd bet there's 20-30 more ponies right there.

Oh, and distributor???? :poke:  What's a distributor, again??  :poke: :rollin:

Winter stuff to do

Reply #25
Quote from: flylear45;377314
Pull graph looks good westie. Car sounds fantastic, too. If you can get that leaned out a hair it'll be perfect. Better to sneak up on it from the rich side, I say.  Best power around 12 to 12.5 in my experience. Any richer than 12 can lose quite a bit. I'd bet there's 20-30 more ponies right there.

Oh, and distributor???? :poke:  What's a distributor, again??  :poke: :rollin:

Says the one guy on this site without a dizzy!!!  :)

Travis

Winter stuff to do

Reply #26
Quote from: Shadow;377269
sounds like a pretty good deal.. i usually see them upwards around $300 and they disappear just as quickly as the ads are posted.. and yeah, i would only advise using it on the side of a vehicle if you have 2 lol

They have another one for the same price I almost grabbed it.

Winter stuff to do

Reply #27
Gotta put this away before it gets covered in rain. I'm trying not to mention the S word Shadow doesn't like it. So no work on the car till my cs are done  cs. Should be able to get 8.8 dropped off in a day or two.

Winter stuff to do

Reply #28
i don't know anyone who DOES like the s word.. lol

Winter stuff to do

Reply #29
That yellow hunk of iron in the pic with the 8.8 on the bumper jack makes me and my wallet like the S word It netted me a TKO + last year. But I don't like it as much as I did when I was younger in fact I'm not a big fan of the cold anymore either :)