Skip to main content
Topic: i think this link should be put in a sticky.. (Read 1512 times) previous topic - next topic

i think this link should be put in a sticky..

i've never really been on eric's site before, so i decided to poke around and see what it's all about.. i think this link should be put in a sticky in this section.. some of these companies make replacement body panels (at the the very last link does). it's in his 'modifying hoods' section, but there's a lot more to be had than just hoods

http://www.coolcats.net/modifying/hoods.html
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #1
No one sells aftermarket body panels anymore... the sites say they do, but I've contacted them a few years ago, and they don't anymore. fiberglass may still be an option from some, but they are for racing only.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
Quote from: daminc;375482
No one sells aftermarket body panels anymore... the sites say they do, but I've contacted them a few years ago, and they don't anymore. fiberglass may still be an option from some, but they are for racing only.

really? the last link has G listen next to the fiberglass parts, ST next to the steel.. that really sucks that they don't make the steel parts anymore.. i have yet to find any that make fiberglass fenders instead of full glass front ends.. that really sucks, i thought i found something usefull >:l

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #4
Quote from: Tbird-fanatic;375483
I wonder if Showcar Bodyparts still makes the body kits for the birds?

They do.

Reply #5
Quote from: Shadow;375491
really? the last link has G listen next to the fiberglass parts, ST next to the steel.. that really sucks that they don't make the steel parts anymore.. i have yet to find any that make fiberglass fenders instead of full glass front ends.. that really sucks, i thought i found something usefull >:l

They don't make steel parts. They find them from junk yards in the States.... I contacted them with parts I needed, and they wanted $500 for a used stripped door shell..... $130 for an outer rocker panel, another 130 for the inner...... $300 for a floor pan..... theyalso said there would be a certain amount of rust on the panels. They're crazy..... and they had nothing they said in stock like on they're page..... it's had the same parts listed since 06 as far as I know..... I could buy a rustfree running car, and have it shipped from Texas for the same amount of money they wanted for the parts I needed... I still got the email somewhere, only because I still can't believe it.....oh, and on top of it...I had to pay on top of the parts price to have everything shipped.......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
holy christmas! it'd be cheaper to flay to california, go to a junkyard, cut off the parts you need, shove them in some oversized luggage and fly home.. my god, people are crazy

Reply #7
Yes this really stinks!  The shame is these cars may never receive the needed recognition from restoration companies such as Paddock, etc. After the junkyards crush all of whats left, where the heck are we to get body panels, doors, trunk lids and molded floor pans; let alone interior trim and dashtops!

Reply #8
there are companies that make dash pads, i believe there was a thread about it not too long ago, but interior trim and NOS body panels, we're pretty much screwed when the junkyard surplus dries up.. maybe if enough of us show interest in replacement body panels, we can get a repro. company to consider butting them into production.. maybe it's just wishful thinking :dunno:

Reply #9
Quote from: Shadow;375662
there are companies that make dash pads, i believe there was a thread about it not too long ago, but interior trim and NOS body panels, we're pretty much screwed when the junkyard surplus dries up.. maybe if enough of us show interest in replacement body panels, we can get a repro. company to consider butting them into production.. maybe it's just wishful thinking :dunno:

Yeah, maybe with the Turbo Coupe being the star of our show and having a big following through other forums and groups, we might be lucky to get a company to start fabbing body panels in the next few years.  My fingers are crossed.

Reply #10
same here.. i'd be in line for such replacement parts, but i need them NOW.. i can't wait, so junkyard hunting with a sawzall and ratchet i go.. lol

Reply #11
thing is there have been a few of us in contact with places like this and they dont see a huge demand for these parts. even though we have thousands of members between what 5 different sites. But also overshadowing our cars is the mustang. if our cars were as popular as the mustang then we would have the aftermarket support like the mustang. But if we could get the parts how many more birds or cougars could we save with them?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com