Skip to main content
Topic: Bad Financial Decision of the month (Read 3675 times) previous topic - next topic

Bad Financial Decision of the month

Reply #15
Quote from: salrock54;375506
price aint the issue,passion,love for these car are.if price is an issue get rid of car ,go buy a ford fusion new.

That's the spirit!

Reply #16
I'll have $6k in mine when done and I'll be driving exactly what I want.

I don't think these will be extreme collector cars but the styling was great and about ten years ahead of anything else, so I think the value, especially on the TC, XR7 and 20th will increase.

Reply #17
Quote from: flylear45;375524
:punchballs:

I'm not saying you are wrong. I hope like hell you are right.

BUT.... I have been a Triumph guy for 30 years and everyone is still wondering where the true values are hiding. If you restore a TR yourself you still can't get out of it what you invested.

I should have gotten into Ferraris.

they just need their exposure.. most people see them as 'granny cars' because they don't know what they truely are.. nationwide exposure at the track and car shows will help stir the pot of interest, once people see their potential and the 'not so norm' of the mustang.. plus with as many of these that have and are finding their way to the junkyard, the heard is thinning out slowly.. it'll take decades for these cars to really become 'rare,' but it's foreseeable
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #18
Enjoy your project.  I think it will be a runner when its done.  What are you doing for engine management?

Travis

Reply #19
Quote from: ZondaC12;375501
Think GLOBALLY by acting LOCALLY :rollin:

Lets get some griiiiindaaaaaaaage.

We need a little more publicity so maybe people would stop crushin em and start saving them but that turns around and screws us out of parts

Reply #20
if they all go to the crusher, we're screwed out of parts anyway.. lol the more people that are interested, the likelihood of more aftermarket companies jumping on the bandwagon and start making parts.. eventually, that'll lead to body parts and patch panels ;)
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver