Skip to main content
Topic: 87 Sport F/S Not Running $500 (Read 1559 times) previous topic - next topic

87 Sport F/S Not Running $500

I'm in Springtown, Tx (close to Fort Worth) and need this car gone. It is NOT running and will have to be towed. The driveshaft is still disconnected from the last move. Last I checked a U-haul car dolly is around $65 bucks. The wife has put her foot down and I can only have one project. So about the car...

It's a 87 Sport with no rust and a straight body. There are a few hail dings but not a lot. It would be a great parts/project car for cheap because I'm only asking $500

Front Suspension: MM camber plates, TC 11" brake conversion, Urethane swaybar bushings, TC springs.

Rear Suspension: TC springs, 3.55 TC 8.8 rear with disk brakes, 20K miles on rebuilt traction lok.

Tranny is an AOD from GER with the 2.84 wide ration gear set and non lock-up convertor with 2000 stall.

Engine is a partially disassembled 5.0 E6 block (flat tops) with E7 heads, HO cam. I have all the parts not on the car and all the hardware is bagged and labeled. Its got 19# injectors and stock HO headers with a stock HO mustang cat pipe and dual Magnaflow lers. The EEC IV is a speed density EEC from an 88 mustang.

If you're near north Texas this car may be for you :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #1
If I had $500.00 I'd drive down and grab it asap.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
dam i wish i had the money

Reply #3
Save your money! I’d hate to see her go to the s yard but I don’t think she’s got much more time with the wife breathin down my neck, lol…

Lots of great parts on it.  You’d probably double your money parting it out. I wish I could but my wife wants the whole car gone.

BTW, Vinnie, your car looks awesome. I remember when you were still collecting parts for it. Great work!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
there is the key reason i plan on avoiding marriage, i don't take no bs, i fight back lol.. sucks you have to sell.. good luck!
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #5
That's a screamin deal for a very straight looking car with a nice list of upgrades already done.  S
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #6
I've got a wife and many cars/trucks in different stages I'll be dang gone if I am going to let her control what I do or don't own.
...and there was light!

Reply #7
if i had the money and was closer if jump on this big time. i miss my bird and looking for another. but this cane down at the wrong time. if it were in feb sometime then i would concider it.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #8
Ah  it's too far away. I'd need to rent a truck and a trailer to get this.....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
Wish I had the means to save it. :(
Like mentioned...if it were February I'd do it.

Hope it goes to someone who will save her proper.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #10
To be fair on my wife... She's going to buy me an engine (probably a 347, maybe a 408) for my 86 on the condition that the 87 disappears. She's not a total tyrant, lol....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #11
Quote from: Dogcharmer;375192
To be fair on my wife... She's going to buy me an engine (probably a 347, maybe a 408) for my 86 on the condition that the 87 disappears. She's not a total tyrant, lol....

Understand that. Gotta give a little to get a little. LOL

Hope you find a good home for the bird. I'd be dragging it home if it was closer.

Reply #12
Wish I had the money. Good luck.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #13
How soon does it need to be gone/picked up? It would be paid for but checking on transport with a friend of mine

Reply #14
I can hang on probably till mid January.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]