Skip to main content
Topic: at the track.. music? (Read 828 times) previous topic - next topic

at the track.. music?

who cranks the radio up while running down the 1/4 mile? i always do, as it's a severe habit from racing micros.. i always had my ear phones in, under my helmet listening to some of hatebreed's most aggressive songs to keep me pumped up.. when i ran the capri, it was no different.. sometimes i think my foot is going to go through the floor LOL.. thank god i'm not running stick, i'd feel bad for the trans.. 1 of my favorite songs to listen to when i'm running:

http://youtu.be/mrzdj6KSRXE

i'm not allowed to listen to metal when roaming the streets, i get too many tickets LOL but what are you guys listening to when you're pounding the pavement?
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

at the track.. music?

Reply #1
The sounds my car makes as well as what's potentially going on around me. Both for safety reasons and the fact that the car makes its own music. Don't get me wrong, I'm a music lover for sure but for me, the track isn't it's place.

I can't think of any Hatebreed songs that I like but I'm sure I've heard one or maybe 2 on the radio. I never got into that "hardcore" nonsense and I'm not about start now.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

at the track.. music?

Reply #2
to me, life is boring without a soundtrack.. as long as i've been racing dirt, 1/2 way through the race i start to lose focus, due to my ADD.. music playing in my ear keeps me focused and hard on the pedal.. as far as safety reasons, nonsense in my book.. i can still hear my exhaust/turbo/motor over the speakers when my foot is to the floor in both my capri and TC.. if anything was to happen in either car, you'll feel it before you hear it

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

at the track.. music?

Reply #3
Meh. To me it's just a distraction though I don't have focus issues really. I AM one of those people that turns the radio down when trying to read street signs when I'm trying to find my way somewhere new.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

at the track.. music?

Reply #4
i think most people turn the radio down when looking for a certain sign in an unfamiliar area.. but i'm sure my ADD has a lot to do with needing music to focus on the track, whether the 1/4 mile or on dirt

at the track.. music?

Reply #5
Nope, no music for me.

Even when I have run in my cars with radios they are always off.  I pretty much agree with everything shame302 said.  I love music (although not the loud, screamy type you like) but I don't feel it has a place in a car going down the track.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

at the track.. music?

Reply #6
to each his own i suppose.. i get bored with no music