Skip to main content
Topic: Weld Draglites? (Read 1015 times) previous topic - next topic

Weld Draglites?

:bowdown:
Ok so Im thinking this weekend Im putting Welds skinny and fats off my Fox to my Bird. Does anyone run these? Im wondering how you like them and How they handle on these bigger cars?

Maybe if you have them post ou pics and can anyone who has them tell me what size tires you are running?:bowdown:

Weld Draglites?

Reply #1
I had Rodlites on my Mark VII for a while; I had to replace one of the fronts because it warped. After that I sold them. I wouldn't use them on a car I was gonna drive much.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Weld Draglites?

Reply #2
Check here http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?11898-Post-up-pics-of-your-wheels...., I think someone has them.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Weld Draglites?

Reply #3
I had the 16 X 7 and 16 X 8 Drag Lites on my 83 when I took it to the World Ford Challenge in '99 and they were okay.  I had brake clearance issues with the front wheels when I switched over to the larger TC/Mustang GT 11" brakes with the 73mm caliper.  I ended up changing the brakes back to the 10" setup until I could sell them.  From there I went to the SN95 setup and some Bullitt wheels.

I think I have a picture of the car with them on it if anyone wants me to dig it up but it will be this evening when I get home.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp