Skip to main content
Topic: Another Tiffany, but red 87 (Read 2583 times) previous topic - next topic

Another Tiffany, but red 87

Ever see a red one before?

Re: Another Tiffany, but red 87

Reply #1
I dont care what you guys think, but that would be a tight car to own.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Quote from: Haystack
I dont care what you guys think, but that would be a tight car to own.

Yeah if you were this guy.....

:giggle:  :rollin:

James :D

Reply #4
how about this?
http://www.bobsclassics.com/99z.htm

built by Zimmer, not Tiffany.. built from an mn12 cougar.. only 2 of them were built from the cougar and then they switched to doing mustangs.

Reply #5
That's actually not that bad. I think the modifications look better with the mn12 design than the fox design.

Reply #6
well i'm sure if Zimmer got their hands on a fox they woulda made it with more style.. i th ink the biggest difference in what makes it better is that they kept the trunk and didn't replace it with a small box.

Reply #7
Yea I can see me gettin' laughed off the drag strip now.. :grinno:

Reply #8
the Zimmer uses GM f-body hood hinges, from a 3rd gen
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
mmm, excuse me , but there was not a MN12 ´99 Cougar, right ?

And the price is 45,999 USD ?????

No me gusta para nada.....

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #10
funny i just saw one today, and was like hmmm what car was that made out of, and asked my friend if she could drive up closer to it and pass it, nonetheless i look inside and recognize the interior and steering wheel! omg the work it must of taken to get the car like that, so much cutting and chopping, except for the rear 1/4 panel for the window i couldn't tell it was a cougar.

How much do those normally run for?

Reply #11
you think that with all the work being done on then they woulda changed the location on the fuel filler

And hell yes i'd so drive one of those things!
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #12
Quote from: MexCougar
mmm, excuse me , but there was not a MN12 ´99 Cougar, right ?

And the price is 45,999 USD ?????

No me gusta para nada.....

it's a 99 Zimmer, not a Cougar, it was just built out of a cougar body. And I assume it's 1999 because that's when Zimmer took this Cougar, chopped it up and made it their own type of car, wasn't necessairly when the actual Cougar was built.

Reply #13
Quote from: tbirdscott
you think that with all the work being done on then they woulda changed the location on the fuel filler

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't look bad but it's kind of hoaky with the cut out for the fuel door.

Reply #14
Good God that Zimmer is like 37 feet long!  I would have it repainted black and have the interior re-upholstered in burgundy velour.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0