Skip to main content
Topic: new ign switch (Read 2023 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: new ign switch

Reply #15
haha I was thinking about just hammering away... I dont have a steady of enough hand to slightly drill out that small nub.

Reply #16
I bought a set of the tamper torx at the auto parts stoore.. approx $8... Have used a small pair of vice grips to loosen them in a pinch...

Reply #17
Quote from: TurboCoupe50
I bought a set of the tamper torx at the auto parts stoore.. approx $8... Have used a small pair of vice grips to loosen them in a pinch...

ditto on the buying a set of  tamper torx bits. come in handy, expecialy when you dive into a tv or something companies dont want you messing with.

Reply #18
I'm thinking that's whats wrong with my '85.  I'd crank it over, and it would run as long as the key was turned sort of halfway between start and run. Let go of the key and it shuts off.  I think for the peace of mind I might replace the ignition switch and lock cylinder all at once.

Reply #19
I just got done bout 5 minutes ago replacing my ignition switch. I uhh, rigged, it. I used a t-15 i believe and tapped down the tamper pins alittle bit, then used the t-27 and pounded it in. Worked good. Saved me 10 bucks by using what I had. Couple pinched fingers but Its worth it. \

I had to remove the dash cluster trim to have enough space to mess with the rear screw on the switch. So that added like 5 minutes. All in all took bout 30 minutes

Well 1 of the 2 draws was fixed.
The ignition switch was one of the problems.
Now onto finding the draw in Fuse 8.

Reply #20
What circuit is on fuse #8?