Skip to main content
Topic: Need help FAST !!!!! FIXED !!!! (Read 22983 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help FAST !!!!! FIXED !!!!

Reply #75
Well, may as well chime in...

The turn signal blinking the dash lights--that's happened to me before, twice. First time it was a power feedback from too much voltage running through the car after it got jump started during the winter. Second time it was due to the infamous pinched wire (light blue/red) behind the radio after a new radio was installed.

The dash light circuit from 1985-88 is split into two parts coming out of the fuse panel. One (fuse #4) is responsible for most of the dash lights and the clock/heater panel IIRC; the other (fuse #13) takes care of the other part of the dash, PLUS the lighter panel and console light (if one has a console).

So what Vinnie describes is almost consistent with power feeding back to that one wire.
It kind of all traces back to that...it may simply be a bad fuse.

Although I tend to agree with Kitz, and that it sounds like a grounding issue.

Reply #76
GOOD t
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #77
Eric fu
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Reply #78
The headlights in these cars are not fused through the fuse panel, they're fed through a fusible link and also have a circuit breaker inside the headlight switch. This feed wire is a large gauge black one with orange stripe. This feed wire does also feed certain fuses in the panel (including fuse 4), but it is not protected by any of these fuses. You could remove every fuse in the panel and your headlights will still work.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #79
I'm going to get a light right now. Stay tuned.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #80
O.K....I have a test light. Now, how do I test the fuse? How do I test the wires at the ash tray light under the console control panel (I know I have to pull the panel, but then what?)?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #81
Thund

Reply #82
Ok

Reply #83
Not a problem, Tom. I've got Mitchell On Demand and it's not exactly clear either. Newer vehicles have wonderful wiring diagrams, but anything older than 1993 or so is horrible...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #84
Than

Reply #85
Tom, I'm going to try it right now. I am doing something new, so hang tight. I'll be back in a few minutes.

Reply #86
O.K., there's a blue wire and a black wire to the socket. The blue wire side flashed with the tester, the black wire side did not.

Reply #87
someone nees a laptop.. LOL
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #88
By the way.WOO-HOOO !!!!!! I used a test light for the first time !!!!!!!!!!!

Now, back on topic.......

Reply #89
Ok go