Skip to main content
Topic: tires tires tires update (Read 1509 times) previous topic - next topic

tires tires tires update

Went to Sears to get my tires. Called first to make sure that the kuhomo tires at 66.97 each were in stock. told that they were on the truck for deleivery later in the day, as i was going after diner no problem. Chated a few minutes with the tire GAL state disposal fee, lifetime balancing, new valve stems, 75000 mile warranty taxes ad nauseum total was going to around $360.00. Showed up around 7:00 pm at the auto center, as i walked in the door the night time tire guy says "i've been trying to call your" oh shiznit i think. The tires were n't on the truck. I negotiated a little and decide to up grade to Falkien's same size, same warrantly, all the extras (hey my kids driving the car i want the warranties) and proceed to head to the mall to meet my wife and kid for dinner and shopping. About 1 and 1/2 hours later head back to the auto center there's the bird with its shinning new shoes. I walk in to finish the paperwork. Guy starts printing mountains of paper work for four lousy tires. then he hands me a filled out rebate card for goodyear tires, HUH?. I say i din't buy good years. He says hey we were out of the falkiens too. so i upgraded you to the good years at the same price, and you get a rebate $25.00 a tire. So now have 4 goodyears 75,000 mile warranty, lifetime balance and rotation, road side assistance for road hazard to tires total $415.04 plus got $100.00 buck rebate on the way. out of pocket $315.04 not bad i guess it pays to be nice to the guys behind the counter.
Baylensman 97 XR7

Re: tires tires tires update

Reply #1
nice, Sears has always done the right thing for me customer service wise. Plus I can go into the mall while they are doing everything.. (keeps the wife happy ;) )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
:ttiwwp:    :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #3
i hate deptford sears tire, that old dude with the mustach can kiss my ###... every time i go their he talks to me like im retarded and trys to rape me some more. even when i go in their to replace the light balasts in the shop, or fix something else wrong their, i can sence him thinking of ways to rip me off. also my discount dosnt work their because the auto center isnt attached... but if i said i was from a store that was attached it would, BUT SENCE HE KNOWS ME i cant get away with it...jerks...