Skip to main content
Topic: My FORD 999 report came today...... 1983 Thunderbird (Read 4175 times) previous topic - next topic

My FORD 999 report came today...... 1983 Thunderbird

Just got the report back from Ford.......i paid extra for the "Deluxe" report and got a single statistic back. I am thinking of calling and asking for a refund....
Here is the report..... BTW they used to be free, and they are now charging for either a basic or deluxe report.  Marti has not made the Thunderbird stats available or the Emminger invoices either.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #1
That's hilarious!  I just received mine today.
BIG ripoff if you ask me.  Yeah, they used to be free,
and now it's $17 for basic & $46(holycow) for the
deluxe.  The only thing the deluxe version adds is
the number of T-Birds produced that year, which is
pretty much common knowledge.  I called Ford &
complained, and they're giving me a complete refund.

Reply #2
Must be its been awhile since I got one as the last I did from Ford was still free. I would most certainly ask for a refund as the info they told you was all stuff you would already know. I have the eminger invoice for my 65 which I bought right when they changed hands the last time and Marti Auto got them. I might be wrong but I believe that Lois Eminger had already retired by the time our cars rolled around

Reply #3
I got mine last year and it was free, deffinately wouldn't pay for one.

Reply #4
Well $17 ain't bad but another $29 for just a production figure is defiantly a rip...

The ones for SVT vehicles and Marauders are $45, take it or leave it... I bought one for my Marauder and several over on mm.net have bought two or more... It does include a nice frameable certificate along with what production number your vehicle is plus several statistics on the model(amount produced, colors, interior option, etc)... A big plus is these certificates are sent in a padded UPS envelope and not folded...

Reply #5
david's looks like it was folded.. i guess the padded UPS envelope is for newer cars only lol
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #6
They did indeed used to be free; I got one for both my '86 XR7 and my '88 XR7 years ago. I'm a little disappointed to learn that they're now charging a fee for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
I was considering having one of these done. My car is interesting in that the VIN number on the dash area doesn't match the one on any panel of the car, it is off by 1 digit in the middle of the VIN. (Had to be a misprint from factory as I doubt you could find a VIN that close) The digit in question is in the middle of the VIN, and the title from the original owner matched the printed tags but not the dash, was real fun to get that fixed when I bought it...
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #8
UPDATE.......I got a full refund for my report.    I complained that the "deluxe" report had only a single production number which is public knowledge, and the "signed" report by Mrs. Ford was computer generated when the website implies that its a real signature.  They were very quick to refund my money once i lodged a formal complaint.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #9
glad to hear it.. they ripped you off for sure
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver