Skip to main content
Topic: Back in a "Fox" (Read 836 times) previous topic - next topic

Back in a "Fox"

I got rid of my last fox about 4 years ago and switched to MN-12 body Thunderbirds, this past week though I bought another fox body. The aunt of a girl that I dated come to where I work and asked if I wanted another Ford. She inherited it from a relative that passed away,she hates Fords and didn't want it "junking" up her yard. She didn't know or care what kind it was,she just wanted it gone.She knew that I was really into Fords and figured that I might want it,that or sell it to a junkyard. Turns out it was an 87 "Bird" with 84,000 original miles with only 3 issues that I've discovered so far,no exterior lights,exhaust leak and some body work issues....all very doable.  Price...200.00

I tried to put some pictures up,I can't figure it out.  They are in my album.

Back in a "Fox"

Reply #1
Not bad, a little tlc and you will have a nice Tbird. Price was definitely right.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Back in a "Fox"

Reply #2
Looks like a good deal at 200. Good luck with cleaning the interior, I've never seen that much dog hair in a car before. :giggle:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Back in a "Fox"

Reply #3
Another one saved. YES!

Good score too. :)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Back in a "Fox"

Reply #4
Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look. I got a chance to check it out better today,the light issue was just a fuse and the exhaust leak is a broken  on the torque converter. I can doctor up the  if I can get the old bolts out. I also found some of her service records in the trunk,oil was changed less than 400 miles ago,starter was changed 3 months before the sticker expired,front tires have less than 600 miles on them and the exhaust is new from the converter back. The purchase price is looking better and better.

Back in a "Fox"

Reply #5
wow.. she's filthy.. amazing deal though, she's worth at least triple what you paid
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver