Skip to main content
Topic: 85 Cougar XR7 (Read 3175 times) previous topic - next topic

85 Cougar XR7

Just a shade over 6,000 miles on it.  Had to have it.  Still smells new

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #1
Holy Moly !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #4
Looks somewhat familiar...

Nice!

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #5
Looks nice, but $12,000!!!?

It must have sat a long time... engine bay looks pretty dirty compared to the rest of it.

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #6
That interior!

-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #7
So you bought it to resell it.  That's too bad.

I do want the interior though!

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #8
Dumb question one of you guys might know. I see the mirrors have white housings, my 86 has charcoal black that matches my mldgs. Were the mirrors body color? Very nice car by the way.

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #9
Do you have an 86 Cougar or Thunderbird.  I wonder that since the Mercury version is a little more upscale, that it came with body color mirrors. 

Good question though.

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #10
Its a 86 XR7, my 83 Bird has chrome housings and my 87 Bird had flat black housings.

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #11
Quote from: Dansbirds;367649
Dumb question one of you guys might know. I see the mirrors have white housings, my 86 has charcoal black that matches my mldgs. Were the mirrors body color?

Mirrors on the XR7 were body color for 1984-85, and flat black for 1986.

Diggin' the old school headlight covers also. ;)

85 Cougar XR7

Reply #12
I thought I'd price it high enough to enjoy it for awhile.  Besides, it might raise the price bar for the rest of the fox bodies that are, in my humble opinion, undervalued right now.