Skip to main content
Topic: A couple of pics I almost forgot existed... (Read 3091 times) previous topic - next topic

A couple of pics I almost forgot existed...

They are of my old '88 (the Sport's predecessor). She was possessed and evil. hated me and anyone that breathed. Now she's gone and hopefully made into a million little pieces. Still a strong car and we had a few good times together.

Me and my youngest doing burnouts on Main Street. We did about 30 that night. Awesome time. It was setup all evening for the car clubs to roast tires and have fun for the crowds.............

The back end with the first of a few exhaust tip bumper mods I always do.....
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Don't forget the sports little brother!! with the beloved 2.3 turbo.

X
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2
I forgot that little fella.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Quote from: Kitz Kat;367334
Don't forget the sports little brother!! with the beloved 2.3 turbo.

X
Hey V-man , How about this Gremlin as a trusty side kick bud....

Reply #4
I don't have a problem with that actually......as a second car for hauling parts and just simple running around.

Reply #5
what was wrong with that blue one vin? rotted? i totally woulda picked that car up ha.

Reply #6
.... and the little fella Vinnieized.... Gas door and all
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
Quote from: 84TBirdTurbo42;367346
what was wrong with that blue one vin? rotted? i totally woulda picked that car up ha.

It was literally full of hatred. No matter what I did, it would  on me. I tried to make improvements, it would  on me. Something would break, it would do anything it could to ruin my day. Great looking car. Beautiful, but a total be-yotch.

Reply #8
Quote from: daminc;367354
.... and the little fella Vinnieized.... Gas door and all

I love that pic of the Pinto.

Reply #9
vin, your car wass one of the reasons, i one, went with cobra r's at the time and 2, went with the molding less doors and fender trim.

awesome awesome engineering and thought on that.

my question is, do you do that for a living or are you just a hobbyist?

Reply #10
He did pretty good on the Mini Vinnie car to
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #11
I work in nursing care now, maybe not much longer. getting tired of the direction my place of work is going. I'm weighing my options.. As far as the car.....I just build the Sport for me. Simply what I like. Before I do most anything, it takes me a lot of time to run ideas through my head, or draw them. I have a book with a lot of my ideas in pencil, tons of notes,and rough sketches. I want the Sport to be simple overall, but with features one would have to look at twice to notice. I don't like big stripes and a lot of badges. I've said it before, very little can say a whole lot.

Reply #12
i know that, i wanted something more flashy but simple in a way. i took the two worlds of my car and made them one, the original canyon red, with the black that i bought it as. ive done everything on the cheap, and made a heap into a nice driver.

Reply #13
I bought the Sport two days before the crusher from a salvage yard. I can relate.

Reply #14
i picked my car up for 650 looking like this