Skip to main content
Topic: '88 tbird eec power relay location (Read 2647 times) previous topic - next topic

'88 tbird eec power relay location

Does anyone know where the eec power relay is on an 1988 thunderbird 5.0L please. A schematic would be great if possible.

Thank you,
  Mike
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha

Reply #1
There's one on the passenger side of the dash, roughly in the area between the glovebox and the EEC....IF that's the one you refer to....
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
Thanks for the info!
I think mine might be causing a voltage drop to the eec
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha

Reply #3
Im looking for this too. But i cant find it. Any one have a pic of its location.

Reply #4
Behind RH Side Of I/P>>>> If it is a TC it has an IRCM
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #5
Yes it is a tc.

Reply #6
For the TC, it's soldered inside the IRCM... Not really replaceable unless you can solder and add wiring to feed a external relay...

Reply #7
If you listen closely, you may hear it click five seconds after you turn the key off.
It has a five second delayed drop out.