Skip to main content
Topic: My choices of projects (Read 2011 times) previous topic - next topic

My choices of projects

I have a choice of the following:
1988 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 111k dk blue/blue cloth 5 speed
Has the basic equipment package with premium sound instead of a rear window defroster. It has been a 1 owner car and is a complete. I was told it needs a clutch master cylinder due to the pedal being stuck to the floor but I saw otherwise. It needs the side mouldings removed because they are coming off on their own. The left taillamp lens is in the back seat. The right taillamp lens has a hole in it. The rear window moulding is dry rotted and coming off. There is rust on the hood, lower driver door, near the back window on the 1/4s, and in the left roof drip area. There is surface rust on the upper surfaces.

The others are a pair of 1990 Mark VIIs. One is a white/blue Bill Blass that runs but needs a transmission. It has 119k and has the JBL sound package. The other is a dk red/black LSC w/70k for parts. It is loaded w/moonroof, JBL sound, auto dim mirror, and ground effects with rear wing. The timing cover is off but all parts removed are in the car. I was thinking of swapping the LSC parts including the transmission in the Bill Blass.

Thought and opinions, please.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

My choices of projects

Reply #1
Much as I love 'Birds...with the rust, I'd probably choose the Mark VII's.....besides, they already have the HO and 5 lug..lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

My choices of projects

Reply #2
1990 Lincoln Mark VII for sure.  Only because I have or had a Thunderbird, Cougar, Mustang...  but never a Mark VII.  Yet I seem to have a lot of Mark VII parts on them.  :)

My choices of projects

Reply #3
My Mark VII was my all time favorite daily driven  car that I have ever owned

(and I have owned a lot of cars lol)
Fox-less at the moment

My choices of projects

Reply #4
I had an '87 LSC. It become the donor vehicle for a 1989 Mustang GT convertible w/o an engine.
2003 Marauder 300B

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

My choices of projects

Reply #5
I agree with hypostang on the Marks. I just let go of mine a few months ago and man do I miss it. Sounds to me like the LSC is in better shape, why not swap the motor (if that's all that's wrong with it) (or parts) from the BB to the LSC? Marks are great cars, in a few months (hopefully) I'll have one sitting in my garage as well. Good luck with your choice.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

My choices of projects

Reply #6
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;366316
I agree with hypostang on the Marks. I just let go of mine a few months ago and man do I miss it. Sounds to me like the LSC is in better shape, why not swap the motor (if that's all that's wrong with it) (or parts) from the BB to the LSC? Marks are great cars, in a few months (hopefully) I'll have one sitting in my garage as well. Good luck with your choice.

Actually, the Bill Blass is rust free and has a title. The LSC has been sitting about as long as the Turbo Coupe and is rusting behind the back window. The place that I found these at have a pair of '88 Bill Blass'. One has a coil spring conversion but needs paint and the other needs interior work.
2003 Marauder 300B

My choices of projects

Reply #7
Still looking for more opinions and/or thoughts to this subject, please.....
2003 Marauder 300B

My choices of projects

Reply #8
I would vote for the TC, but it sounds sketchy due to the rust. (I don't know anything about LSCs or BBs, so I have to defer to the experts on those.) I would check the TC over really well and if it's a good deal, jump on it.  If not, I'd forget it, move on and check out the Lincolns.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

My choices of projects

Reply #9
The marks, if you willing to swap to coil springs, or fix air ride.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

My choices of projects

Reply #10
Stay away from the rust.  I vote the Lincolns
Mike

My choices of projects

Reply #11
Quote from: Haystack;366365
The marks, if you willing to swap to coil springs, or fix air ride.

Most people that swap coils into them do it because they are too lazy to figure out the simple air ride. I will honestly admit that I am pretty oblivious when it comes to most suspension components, but when I had my Mark diagnosing AND fixing the air ride was more simple than most will believe. There are very few components to the air ride systems and very very easy to diagnose, and the ride compared to coils is so much better. DO NOT let the air ride scare you away from a great car. My old '87 LSC had well over 300k miles and the springs were still original. I had one blow on me, and it took me ten minutes to swap a new one in.

If the Bill Blass is rust free, swap the trannys and the stiffer air springs. With already having the HO motor and 5 lug axles it's a great base for a streetable hot rod.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

My choices of projects

Reply #12
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;366403
Most people that swap coils into them do it because they are too lazy to figure out the simple air ride. I will honestly admit that I am pretty oblivious when it comes to most suspension components, but when I had my Mark diagnosing AND fixing the air ride was more simple than most will believe. There are very few components to the air ride systems and very very easy to diagnose, and the ride compared to coils is so much better. DO NOT let the air ride scare you away from a great car. My old '87 LSC had well over 300k miles and the springs were still original. I had one blow on me, and it took me ten minutes to swap a new one in.

If the Bill Blass is rust free, swap the trannys and the stiffer air springs. With already having the HO motor and 5 lug axles it's a great base for a streetable hot rod.

What he said .:D  I am again going to recommend the Mark
Fox-less at the moment

My choices of projects

Reply #13
The Mark with a turbo!

My choices of projects

Reply #14
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;366403

The air ride is up on the Bill Blass. I do not know if the LSC air springs are any good on the parts car. Either way, the LSC sway bars will be installed on the Blass.
2003 Marauder 300B