Skip to main content
Topic: Just some lame engine bay pics (Read 2021 times) previous topic - next topic

Just some lame engine bay pics

Snapped a few pics while I was putting new FMS wires and new plugs when I was troubleshooting my engine ideling problem.  '

Thought I would share my dirty engine bay.:D
Mike

Reply #1
It's just dirty. Nothing a little elbow grease wouldn't fix. I've seen much worse. The engine bay of my old 95 T-bird was covered in oil to "prevent rust".

I'm amazed at the py job Ford did painting the engine bays on these cars. There is no paint under the cowl on the fire wall. It's not very noticeable on a silver or light colored car like mine but really stands out on a dark colored or black car.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
I dont see any dirt:dunno:

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #3
Nice. Looks good to me. Do you have any plans on swapping any parts? Intake, valve covers, etc?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Quote from: vinnietbird;366006
Nice. Looks good to me. Do you have any plans on swapping any parts? Intake, valve covers, etc?

Oh yea.  Ive got some E7 heads sitting here, HO upper and TB, speed Density and Mass air computers, 19 and 24 lb injectors, HO roller cam etc.....

If I want to get crazier.... Ive got my old Mustang engine.  90HO block with alum heads.  Ive got a Exploder intake and have Tmoss port the lower for me.  Its just sitting on an engine stand.
Mike

Reply #5
Quote from: bryan163;365997
I dont see any dirt:dunno:

Its really not that dirty,  just needs detailed.
Mike

Reply #6
So I guess you don't have heat?  Don't you need that in Kansas? :)

I like your engine bay.  It looks like you have mustang headers on the car.  And you have a floor shifted car?

I hope you can get to all the mods you plan.  Very nice.

Reply #7
My heater core went out.  Havent gotten around to replacing it yet.

I drive my pickup in the cold, salty winters up here.
Mike

Reply #8
Swap the core and get it over with. takes about 2 hours if you REALLY take your time. Eric gave me a couple of tips quite some time back and it made the swap wicked easy.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
Quote from: vinnietbird;366056
Swap the core and get it over with. takes about 2 hours if you REALLY take your time. Eric gave me a couple of tips quite some time back and it made the swap wicked easy.

Do you not have to remove the dash to swap the heatercore?  Mine was bypassed when I got it, so Im going to assume its no good. I really need to get a bible for this thing.

Reply #10
You have to loosen but not remove it. It differs slightly from year to year. Check out coolcats.net tech section. Come back here for any questuons or clarifications.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #11
If imma loosen it, Imma just take it all the way off and wrap it in tweed since its cracked to hell anyways. Cant a car company make these things more easily accessable? Sorry about the threadjack.

Reply #12
Hey!! I need the heater core question answered too! LOL

Reply #13
Quote from: budns;366103
Hey!! I need the heater core question answered too! LOL

What exactly do you need to know?

Reply #14
If you call that engine bay dirty, you don't want to see mine :)

I'm no mechanic, I just learn as I go, but the heater core replacement really doesn't take too long to do using Eric's directions.

As a Nebraska native, I think it's funny that you call Kansas "up here".  Ha.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]