Skip to main content
Topic: My too long neglected bird and donor car!!LOL (Read 4492 times) previous topic - next topic

My too long neglected bird and donor car!!LOL

XXX  hope this works?

Reply #1
well, pics out of order but you get picture!!LOL

Reply #2
Nice.  We always hear about Mustang guys killing TurboCoupes.  Touche mustangers.

Reply #3
What is wrong with the stang the makes it a donor car ?  Just curious
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #4
Quote from: hypostang;365923

Yeah really, the stang looks good.

Reply #5
The passenger side 1/4 looks mashed up. Plus, even if it was in great shape, the Thunderbird is a WAY cooler car. Plus, who would want to drive a belly button?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Quote from: hypostang;365923

The only thing aero Fox Mustangs are good for is being donor vehicles, and really they're not very good at that.  Overall, they're only a MINOR upgrade over anything people are using the parts for.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #7
Wow OK  , personally I like Fox Stangs especially convertibles ., but to each his own
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #8
hypostang, I like Fox Convertibles also...  :)

But then I like TurboCoupes too...

It's not a g match here.  Just funny.  For every mustang stripped for a Thunderbird, there are 10 TurboCoupes stripped for Mustangs...

Reply #9
I have no problem stripping a wrecked  Mustang as a donor at all .

I was just curious what pushed that particular car to donor status . In fact I'm still curious ...lol
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #10
It appears to have a lot of hail damage that was bondo'ed over and paint is really thick in an attemp to to hide it.  Wiring is a mess in front end...car looks good i pictures!! It has a lot a things I wanted the first time I did my bird so now I have the chance I am going for it!!! plus son turns 16 in December and dont need GT convertable on my insurance! lol

Reply #11
I have since re-thought! I will at least put stang behind shop and cover it up after all is removed. Dont get me wrong I am still stripping it!!!lol Son may want to put different engine etc in it later..

Reply #12
well guy"s!!! Motor in bird!!! 3" exhaust a little short but no problem! felt like kid on Christmas...only thing now is put in manual clutch assembly in due to project fund shortage! lol

Reply #13
Sent you a PM...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #14
pedal swap was a BEAR! But well worth it! Wife smiled ear to ear when she drove it!