Skip to main content
Topic: type of engines (Read 2959 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: type of engines

Reply #15
kinda talks like Mr i'mgayashell doesn't he.....
One 88

Reply #16
Quote from: dominator
Sweet we got rid of another fool just trying to piss us all off.
This guy probably doesn't even own a t-bird.
I find it really curious that the i'mgayashell guy disappears and then this guy shows up asking all the same stupid questions,hmmmmmmm,makes ya think.
As bird 351 said,research and you shall find,can't count how many hours of research i've done.
Thank god your not my son because i would have bitch slapped you long ago and you wouldn't be such a little arogant a**hole.
O and one more thing i forgot to add,i think you need to go back to school for english not cars 
"people should just mind der neck if they got a prob" what's up with that?

First off I do own a T bird second I stopped wit the bs and I did search  what are you dat dumb or something. Kill it already . I was just asking some questions.  Just stop the flaming , just cuz u got a t bird or w/e and you think your mr know it all stfu and go some were else, go get laid or something. You got nuttin else to do but to pick on a 17 year old. wow man you must not have a life.. :flip:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]5.0 Standard
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
Magnaflow mustang exhaust
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #17
No....I think they're just wondering how many times you're going to ask the same questions. Even after folks have given you a direction to pursue for you to look into your own course of action, you come back and say...."Make my car fast. What should I do?"

I don't care whether you're 17 or 47...... You will never learn anything if you never listen to the advice your given.  By all means though, ask again for the 4th or 5th time what you can do to your car to increase hp...pretty soon you'll just get ignored....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #18
now would be a good time to rewind......

tbirdera
you could start off by doing the old "stare and compare" technique.  Take a look at whats out there then pop your hood and wish.  When the wallet fills that void,, go get a bone yard motor and if you lucky enough, you strike a good deal. Rebuild it and possibly add a stroker kit.

its a matter of opinion if you pick a 2.3 turbo, 3.8, 3.8 sc, 5.0 so, 5.0 ho, 5.8 windsor, 5.8 cleveland, 460 or what ever. 
the 5.8 351 cleveland is what you want , happy hunting on that one.
Just see what you can afford.  Make life easier and snag the wiring / computer to the engine as well.

what level of experience do you have so others know how to explain things when it gets down to the dirty work.  Its a totally different world explaining things to people without vs with experience.  with experience, you can just skip to the chase and shoot out all this technical bla bla.  with folks who are first timers,, some delicate and specific wording burdens the replies.

Reply #19
another suggestion which might help you out (if your serious)

click on.........
start
programs
accessories
notpad

now surf through the various posts about things you are needing.

when you find info,, highlight it and
right click
copy
open notpad up
right click
paste.

you can build yourself a knowledge base for reference later on.  You cant depend on anyone but yourself when it comes to things like this so keep track and collect info like that.
save your notepad file and keep updating it when you see something you consider a keeper.

Reply #20
jcassity you have so much patience
One 88

Reply #21
No....I think they're just wondering how many times you're going to ask the same questions. Even after folks have given you a direction to pursue for you to look into your own course of action, you come back and say...."Make my car fast. What should I do?"

What Chuck states is true.  You've basically asked how to get more power 3 times now....We've had a couple of others who have come here with the sole intent of g people off.  One would ask the same questions over and over again.....
If your here to learn and have a good time talkin in the lounge, well then welcome aboard.  I would suggest researching the coolcats tech page link that has been given up above on this thread (and twice before on the other threads you started).  Remember there is no one way to ga fast there are many different ways that all work differently.  Do some research and see which way appeals to you.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #22
Well I have started taking notes down. Im sorry for asking the same question , just that I have all this urge to try to make my t bird a car that has balls . Cougar Se I dont want any beef with you wat so ever. Im being the bigger person to say my fault on that if you wanna be friends its fine with me , we dunt have to be enemies, but if you do den dunt matta do me.  Next time Ill clarify what I need info on and not say the same thing
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #23
Quote from: jcassity
now would be a good time to rewind......

tbirdera
you could start off by doing the old "stare and compare" technique.  Take a look at whats out there then pop your hood and wish.  When the wallet fills that void,, go get a bone yard motor and if you lucky enough, you strike a good deal. Rebuild it and possibly add a stroker kit.

its a matter of opinion if you pick a 2.3 turbo, 3.8, 3.8 sc, 5.0 so, 5.0 ho, 5.8 windsor, 5.8 cleveland, 460 or what ever. 
the 5.8 351 cleveland is what you want , happy hunting on that one.
Just see what you can afford.  Make life easier and snag the wiring / computer to the engine as well.

what level of experience do you have so others know how to explain things when it gets down to the dirty work.  Its a totally different world explaining things to people without vs with experience.  with experience, you can just skip to the chase and shoot out all this technical bla bla.  with folks who are first timers,, some delicate and specific wording burdens the replies.

for the 351 cleveland is there a specific year of when the engine came out that I need to get to fit in to my t bird? Or are they all the same?
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #24
You should take the time and think about what you actually want out of the car.  Are you only concerned with straightline performance, or are you looking for a more balanced package that can stop and turn as well as get up and go?  Dropping a heavy engine in the nose of the car is not going to do anything good for the balance and handling of the car.  Is it your only car?  Is it the one you have to drive and get you around every day?  Things to consider....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #25
what does your car have in it? if it has a 5.0 put a dual 2.5 exhaust system on it, CAI, and a HO upper intake........that should make it a little more balsy

Reply #26
Quote from: Chuck W
You should take the time and think about what you actually want out of the car.  Are you only concerned with straightline performance, or are you looking for a more balanced package that can stop and turn as well as get up and go?  Dropping a heavy engine in the nose of the car is not going to do anything good for the balance and handling of the car.  Is it your only car?  Is it the one you have to drive and get you around every day?  Things to consider....

I want a car that is mostly performance and that can have some pretty  good handle but mostly performance.
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #27
Quote from: tbirdera
for the 351 cleveland is there a specific year of when the engine came out that I need to get to fit in to my t bird? Or are they all the same?

you've just won a prize... :deal:
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=2984

Reply #28
thanks alot for that info, so it will fit then I guess.
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #29
Quote from: dominator
Just curious but is this that guy i'm gay as hell under another name?
Sounds like the same questons.
It's really sad that we get a half decent community going and there are guys that have to ruin it for everyone.

no why would i come under a ****in differenty name to ask question Dominater