Skip to main content
Topic: Another Fox... (Read 1081 times) previous topic - next topic

Another Fox...

Just got it home, and unloaded from the trailer. Salvage title, needs a little work, or else another engine, and driver's side window.

Gonna fix what needs it and use it as the family car till I can get a 4 door ride.

Pics...?
We dun need no stanking pics. lol :evilgrin:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Another Fox...

Reply #1
Actually, we do need some steenking pics......................
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Another Fox...

Reply #2
Yeah gonna have to DISrespectfully DISagree!!!!!! There better be pictures.....or there will be punishment.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Another Fox...

Reply #3
Lock this thread if there are no pics asap !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Another Fox...

Reply #4
Quote from: vinnietbird;363595
Lock this thread if there are no pics asap !!!

I'll jus' start another....neener neener.

LOL
'98 Explorer 5.0

Another Fox...

Reply #5
Beau, I wish you were within reaching distance of me right now.LOL.

Another Fox...

Reply #6

It's filthy, but it's solid. Only a couple of dents/rust areas, and those are on the rear quarters. Needs a driver side tail lens, and driver's door glass, and the engine to be looked at. Apparently a previous owner slapped a new timing belt on it, and it still wouldn't run. Other than yanking a 2.3 out of my parts TC in 2006, I've never messed with one.

I'm NOT getting rid of my Sport, nor is this gonna be a replacement or a project car.

Things I will do: TC front brakes, Turbine wheels and new tires, and clean, clean clean....but only after I get it running.

Has a salvage title, but it's good, and I think it'll make a decent little car to lug the mini-me's around in...it will need a new ac compressor...will a TC unit work? I can't remember...seems like they were different..?

Anyway, not the best pics, but I'll get more later...for now, I'm gonna look up some more stuff on timing one of these half motors and see from there where it goes. If it goes. Or I'll find another 2.3 engine.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Another Fox...

Reply #7
See, that wasn't so bad, was it? Nice little car.....for a Stang.LOL.

Another Fox...

Reply #8
Yeah yeah....I got no particular fascination for them myself...unless they have some good parts that I need lol.

Can hardly wait to get some tires on my turbines and throw them on there.
It's not something I plan to get carried away with....I've got my (somewhat) fast car...this is gonna be for grocery fetching, and such.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Another Fox...

Reply #9
And the pics don't do it justice...it's filthier than heck.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Another Fox...

Reply #10
Very nice, I had one of those a long time ago. Those will run forever if you keep them full of oil....lol.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Another Fox...

Reply #11
Only IF I can get it to run, lol.

Spent a lot of time messing with it last night/this morning, I just can not seem to get the  timing marks all lined up right and have the belt on.
I need to get some fresh gas and put in it too, when I turn the key, the fuel pump seems really loud, like there's nothing in the tank to pump...
More later.
'98 Explorer 5.0