Skip to main content
Topic: finally I found a steering wheel (Read 1542 times) previous topic - next topic

finally I found a steering wheel

After years of searching I finally found the elusive Mercury steering wheel I wanted.  It is oh so rare.:D
Mike

Reply #1
It certainly looks like a nice wheel, what did you pull it out of?
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #2
Mustang wheel with a Cougar emblem. Nice. I've been wanting one of those wheels for a while now. Considering how many were made, they're not cheap, and usually not in great condition either. Looks good in your car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
They are kinda hard to find in decent condition.  I think I got this on ebay for $35.  It always kinda bugged me with the FORD oval in the center.

That thicker wheel sure feels better than my skinny, squishy old one.
Mike

Reply #4
That looks pretty cool. I like it.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
I want one of those steering wheels.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
I passed one last time I was at a yard that was in a later 2.3 coupe that looked mint. I couldnt carry anything else, and assumed id be back soon. That was almost two months ago. Probably gone by now.
87 Thunderbird LX
65mm tb, exploder intake, iron gt40 heads, 1.6 rr, a9l mass air swap, 9.5" Billet Dirty Dog TC, Built AOD, 4.10's, 31 spline TLoc, Superior Axles, full sn95 five lug swap.