Skip to main content
Topic: 88 fuel tank into 83 TC (Read 1434 times) previous topic - next topic

88 fuel tank into 83 TC

I am tired of letting the 83 sit and the inside of the tank is rusty from sitting.  I would just go ahead and buy the new pump and slap it all together but I have parts out the back end and a bigger tank is always better except for when it comes time to fill.... lol  so far the swap is pretty straight forward the only issues are the difference in the fuel lines and the wiring being directed to one funky looking plug otherwise pretty easy.  will post more when done :D

88 fuel tank into 83 TC

Reply #2
Sweet! Any news on the V8 TC...ever get it sorted yet?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

88 fuel tank into 83 TC

Reply #4
You could bring it up here and let me look at it...*evil grin*
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

88 fuel tank into 83 TC

Reply #6
Not sure what you swap is but saw the "fuel pump not running after the swap" I did 331 swap and my fuel pump wouldn't run either, had something to do with EEC not knowing the engine was running, would prime but not run. I ended up getting fuel pump relay from summit and wiring it up that way. Works like a champ now.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"