Skip to main content
Topic: dual exhaust question (Read 2832 times) previous topic - next topic

dual exhaust question

Reply #15
Braces? We don't need no steenkeeng Braces...................
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

dual exhaust question

Reply #16
At least my car won't split in two ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

dual exhaust question

Reply #17
My 83 has the bent bracket (I cannot call it a brace as it is pretty flimsy and the connection points are a joke structurally) and it was a single exhaust car.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

dual exhaust question

Reply #18
I am not 100% but i think its a drive shaft safety LOOP. And serve a dual purpose as an emergency brake cable fastening point.  Just my thought on the thing.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

dual exhaust question

Reply #19
I was thinking the same about a DS loop...my E-brake cable wasn't near mine though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

dual exhaust question

Reply #20
I am almost sure that is what it is daminc. the Turbo coupe uses it for the pass side cable raceway.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

dual exhaust question

Reply #21
I will buy off on the cable raceway before any kind of safety loop or brace. The structural integrity is not what I would call suitable for anything but the e-brake cable.  Mine runs across there as I pilfered the cables off of a TC with disc rear brakes and that is where the passenger side ran.  I do like the fact I can rest the DS or exhaust on it when working on the car though.

Darren

dual exhaust question

Reply #22
here's a bit of a rusted pic of my car...you can see that the E brake cable is nowhere near the brace that's rusted.... wow that's a lot of rust.....lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

dual exhaust question

Reply #23
When the E brake cable is not routed in it it makes sense that its a drive shaft LOOP. Their is no other use for it other than that. Could be wrong i have been their before.

dual exhaust question

Reply #24
I'm thinking my E brake cable will now be in the brace area... I now have a TC rear in it... guessing the cables will not be where they are in the pic anymore
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

dual exhaust question

Reply #25
I guess I have to go back to the word "loop"...this brakcet does not make a loop so I just cannot buy off on it being that but Ford has done some weird stuff.  Typically the DS loop is installed at the front of the DS as this is the worst place it can separate.  If it separates in the front the rear end continues to drive the DS until the car comes to a stop which usually tears the car all to hell or worse it plants in the pavement and pole vaults the car or tries to.  If it comes loose in the rear you can just push the clutch in or put the tranny in neutral and it quits turning which saves the car and then the DS usually falls out and you have to walk back a 1/4 mile to pick it up off the pavement.  Anyhow, for my money is just a bracket for an ill concieved E-brake cable routing.

Darren

dual exhaust question

Reply #26
Who knows i dont care