Skip to main content
Topic: Front fenders (Read 1537 times) previous topic - next topic

Front fenders

I think I remember reading that the front fenders for the 87-88 T-bird and Cougars were the same. Maybe I'm wrong. I thought it interesting that a search on e-bay fro 87 Cougar found the fenders for @ 86$, and for the 87-88 T-bird were @ 56$ each. Guess I'll be going back to Coolcats to check that they are the same...

Re: Front fenders

Reply #1
Yup there the same.

84-86 fenders also fit, but some parts miss match, and the holes for the header panel aren't the front clip aren't the same.

Reply #2
Bought driver side 87 Tbird fender for $45 locally.  The yard had a powder blue 87 that I hated to dismantle as it was pretty much all there--bad engine.  Also bought the rear light panels.  Couple months later went back to look for parts--other car we have and noted the Tbird gone.  In fact they had no Tbirds period, but at least half dozen cougars of 80s vintage.  Our 88 tbird--the fender rotted away at the mounting point directly ahead of the door.

Reply #3
is it true also that the front fenders, door core for the 1983-86 Thunderbird/Cougar were same? According to coolcat reference "http://www.coolcats.net/tech/reference/parts.html" are same. Can someone verify it?