Skip to main content
Topic: bushing for aod?? (Read 2563 times) previous topic - next topic

bushing for aod??

X

Since i bought my cougar i've been looking for a bushing for the t.v. cable.......I'm not looking for the one on the throttle body, I need the one where it bolts to the side of the transmission. I've checked at Autozone, O-rileys, and the local transmission shop and no one seem to have or know what Im talking about, and the ford dealer said it was no longer in production...  For now i have a piece of rubber and a spring makeshift job to keep the car on the road since its my D.D.

Any ideas other than searching junkyard?      (hope the picture works)

bushing for aod??

Reply #1
Check Mustangs and Mark VII's as well. Also, place an add on the Corra for a good TV cable. People are doing the 5 speed swap a lot and getting rid of those parts. I've seen new ones pop up from time to time on Ebay for a decent price.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

bushing for aod??

Reply #2
If you find one in the junkyard take the whole lever. I tryed taking just the bushing and broke it. Now that I work at a machine shop again I'm going to make one for my car out of brass or bronze. If it turns out nice and my boss doesnt mind I might start making them to sale.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

bushing for aod??

Reply #3
I *think* you can buy assorted linkage bushings and whatnot in the HELP! section at the autostores. You may be able to find one to fit your needs since their really not car specific at the stores.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

bushing for aod??

Reply #4
Thanks for the info!!!  during my looking I also did have the brass bushing idea but i have no way to make one and Lowes didnt have anything that would work, but stuff either a hair too big or too small..... Bruce, if you do get a chance to make and sell some bushings, let me know please. THat sounds like it would hold up better than plastic in the long run

bushing for aod??

Reply #5
I'll see what I can do.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

bushing for aod??

Reply #6
I was able to size bushings at IGUS  http://www.igus.com/default.asp?PAGE=IGLIDE

Find the size you need and give them a call. I was able to get a few free samples from them.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

bushing for aod??

Reply #7
snap, that should work for now, better than what I had to rig up.... I'll have check on that soon, thanks for the tip