Skip to main content
Topic: New rack (Read 5918 times) previous topic - next topic

New rack

Reply #15
Oil pan gasket....get the one piece rubber one. Glad to see some progress being made.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New rack

Reply #16
That's the one I wanna get.. Had to get my windshield replaced yesterday so no progress this week. If it wasn't my DD I could start tearing it down but no go.. Next Tuesday hopefully.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

New rack

Reply #17
Mine's a daily driver as well. I feel your pain.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New rack

Reply #18
Are you pulling the engine? If so, rear seal, front seal, change out the old gaskets and be done with it. Now's the time to do it. Worth the extra effort as well.

New rack

Reply #19
I am not pulling the engine.. That's not gonna happen until a 5.0 goes in..

New rack

Reply #20
Can't find the gasket anywhere. Advance auto doesn't have it napa can't get it.  No one has the rubber ones listed either just the cork??

New rack

Reply #21
Try http://www.supersixmotorsports.com. They should be able to get the rubber one for you.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

New rack

Reply #22
Autozone and Oriellys can get them.

New rack

Reply #23
I talked to the guy at autozone he said he can get it. Just need to find time to get there and get it. Still no work has been done yet. Parts are still just sitting in the back seat.

New rack

Reply #24
It'll get done. Grab all the parts that you need for now. It's nice to have everything you need to do as much as possible at one time.

New rack

Reply #25
That's why I'm changing the struts both inner and outer tierods now. This is all because of a leaking power steering hose. Why not change it all.

New rack

Reply #26
I was having tie rod issues and decided to just swap the whole rack. I did the rack, springs,outer tie rods,lower control arms, ball joints, everything at once. Made a huge difference in the car. Now I need to swap the rag joint. I wish I could afford a Flaming River steering shaft. Not happening anytime soon.

New rack

Reply #27
have you tried just going to autozone's website and ordering it to ship to your house.  I can't even count on body parts how many times autozone's website said a part was in stores and online but at the store the clerks either had no clue what I was talking about(their english speaking skills had a lot to do with that ebonics should be outlawed), or insisted they could only get the higher priced item.  I started going to o'reilly's exclusively lately after having to replace a starter that car quest said was good as well as return a faulty solenoid they sold me(wouldn't stop cranking after the key was removed until the battery was disconnected).  O'reilly's was also the only place in town that had the breather cap I needed for my Bird's driver side valve cover.  I should look into replacing my rack and pump soon...steering has a dead spot in the middle, pump whines a tiny bit, fluid looks like it's from the factory lol, and I just don't like the whining when turning at low speeds.

New rack

Reply #28
That's one plus of having a power steering leak. My power steering fluid is cleaner than any car on the road. It doesn't stay in long enough to get dirty.

New rack

Reply #29
Quote from: cougar1car;364136
That's one plus of having a power steering leak. My power steering fluid is cleaner than any car on the road. It doesn't stay in long enough to get dirty.

^Lol.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"