Skip to main content
Topic: need o2 sensor help (Read 1621 times) previous topic - next topic

need o2 sensor help

I am needing some new o2 sensors with the longer pigtail to reach the Hpipe.  Is there a 3 wire one that fits?  If not, how feasable is it to swap in a 4 wire longer one- ive found plenty of them.    :beatyoass: I dont want to solder:beatyoass:
Mike

need o2 sensor help

Reply #1
Well go to the parts store and have them let you dig through the ones they've got. If you find a Ford pigtail that uses the same style pins with long enough wire all you would have to do even if the wrong plug is swap the pins to your plug. Also I know that Bosch makes some universal ones that come with a neat little splice kit. No solder it comes with Posi Lock connectors with a nice little housing to slide everything in so it still looks fairly nice and tidy.

Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

need o2 sensor help

Reply #2
There has got to be something that works.  This is something that has been addressed a million times...... I just cant find it on a search.:punchballs:
Mike

need o2 sensor help

Reply #3
Mark VII pieces should be just what you need
Fox-less at the moment

need o2 sensor help

Reply #4
Quote from: hypostang;360881

Yep. They have the sensors almost in the same spot as an aftermarket O/R h-pipe.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

need o2 sensor help

Reply #5
Quote from: hypostang;360881

Ill do some checking.  On Rockauto it lists the same piece for the Cougar and the Mark VII.  I guess I need to just look at some in person.

No one has put a 4 wire in before?
Mike

need o2 sensor help

Reply #6
Also look at Mustang ones, they have longer wires.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

need o2 sensor help

Reply #7
I looked for the post to and can't find it, I even answered in it. I have this #BWD OS109 it has an 8" wire. But I think it needs to be longer. I have the # that works at work. V8 demon has a bosch # to, if he see's this.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

need o2 sensor help

Reply #8
I think, for some reason, it was a Bronco piece.  Not sure though, Demon will see this eventually.:bowdown:
Mike

need o2 sensor help

Reply #9
If you go to autozone the bosch universal for the t-bird has a 2ft wire on it, should be plenty of wire
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo