Skip to main content
Topic: I'm pretty sure I know what my next project car is..... (Read 3247 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm pretty sure I know what my next project car is.....

Reply #15
How about stock S197 Mustang s?  They probably flow well for stockers and if you did an off road H or X pipe, it would not be overly loud but would have a nice sound.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #16
Your cam will also make a good bit of difference in sound, maybe go with a custom cam? <--- Maybe sounds dumb but might be worth thinking about.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #17
Oh, I didnt see pics the first time. I had an 84 hatch that same color. My friend and I painted a white stripe over the hood/roof/hatch, and he called it the skunk turd!

Ha, just checked the top of my tool box and found these :mullet:
X
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #18
I'm actually looking for quiet myself.... I like the mgnaflow sound... not very harsh...Is that a 3 chamber ler?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #19
My magnaflows aren't that quiet.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #20
mine is just the short 3" cans, with summit racing 3" x-pipe and 1-3/4 hooker long tubes
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #21
I always wondered if you could take a straight through ler like Thrush Glasspacks and run them in series...
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #22
Custom cam is a given.  When the time comes, Ed Curtis will get another order (he did the cam in the Cougar).
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #23
Quote from: dragon574444;359823
I always wondered if you could take a straight through ler like Thrush Glasspacks and run them in series...

Absolutely. But it would only quiet it to the lowest threshold of that ler. Lets say, for example, that its designed to hit a target decibal range of < 75db... well putting just one on with no cats you're probably not going to hit that, but put two on or a resonator and you'll get a whole lot closer, probably even make it. Certainly with three you'll hit that number but you'll never get quieter than that no matter how many you put on cause they're just designed to let a certain amount of sound through and they will keep doing so.

At least that's how I understand it....
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #24
Quote from: V8Demon;359825
Custom cam is a given.  When the time comes, Ed Curtis will get another order (he did the cam in the Cougar).

Sweet. I read somewhere on the net about a dude that does custom grinds, can't remember the name for the life of me, think his first or last name is Allen though, I'll see if I can find it again, from what I read seemed like he knew what he was doing...may be worth looking into anyway.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #25
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;359863
Sweet. I read somewhere on the net about a dude that does custom grinds, can't remember the name for the life of me, think his first or last name is Allen though, I'll see if I can find it again, from what I read seemed like he knew what he was doing...may be worth looking into anyway.

If your talking about Jay Allen, I think he went nuts.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #26
Quote from: Kitz Kat;359885
If your talking about Jay Allen, I think he went nuts.

Yep. That was the name. Went nuts? I didn't really read a whole lot about the guy, just read that he made custom cams for a few people.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #27
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;359897
Yep. That was the name. Went nuts? I didn't really read a whole lot about the guy, just read that he made custom cams for a few people.

I read he got caught ripping people off and disappeared :dunno:  ...  I have heard great things about Ed Curtis though.

As far as original topic , I love notch back Fox Stangs  , I had a brand new 86 5.0
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #28
Quote from: hypostang;359901
I read he got caught ripping people off and disappeared :dunno:  ...  I have heard great things about Ed Curtis though.

As far as original topic , I love notch back Fox Stangs  , I had a brand new 86 5.0

I'm unsure as to what exactly happened to him, but suffice to say he is on hiatus.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #29
Just an update.  Trying to get the wheels going on a deal for the car.  Unfortunately the guy needs it gone yesterday and I don't have any extra cash until a month from now =(

I don't dip into savings for this stuff......

Anyway -- I read some stuff concerning Jay Allen.....

The above described problems only became compounded further when one of our most senior members, paid advertiser, and administrator Jay Allen of Camshaft Innovations became ill.  It has been, and continues to be so, alleged by quite a few members that they were “taken for a ride” by Mr. Allen.  They placed orders and paid money without receiving parts, or had received parts different than what was paid for.  We here at SBFTECH gave Mr. Allen the benefit of the doubt due to his longstanding association with this website and the fact that he was ill.  But the months have passed.  Mr. Allen has not logged into this site to answer the allegations for more than eight months.  His presence has been seen time and time again on other websites.  Therefore, because of all these overwhelming factors, we feel that the time for action has come.  We are therefore cutting all ties with Mr. Allen and Camshaft Innovations.  We are also treating him like any other member with like allegations levied against him.  Jay Allen will hereby be banned from SBFTECH until such time as all transactions made through the contact at this website are finalized to the mutual satisfaction of all parties akin to it.

Quite disturbing to say the least.....

Wish me luck with that particular car because it'll be hard to find another in that condition......

Oh yeah, almost forgot.  The Cougar gets the paint laid down within the next 2 weeks and we can start putting it back together and I can finally add all the other supporting parts for it as well.

Can't wait!!