Skip to main content
Topic: help me find center caps! (Read 3234 times) previous topic - next topic

help me find center caps!

I got 98 mustang wheels and I threw out the center caps cause I hated them and I'm stupid lol... BUT I've seen explorer? Center caps on them before... the combo was on a crown vic. I waited around to ask, but he didn't come out and I left... sooo question is, any other centers that you know of that will defenatly fit? I think the snap ring that fits in my wheel is around 6.25"

Reply #1
I think they are off a 04ish explorer, the kind that holds to the lugs, not the kind that has clips or a ring. any one here have one they could POP off and measure for me? I've been searching junkyards with no luck...

Reply #2
How's the size of that wheel as opposed to  a TC wheel (the inner cap circle)?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
i forget exactly, but i remember trying supercoupe and turbocoupe caps and they did not fit right. as long as the explorer cap is around 6.5" diameter and holds onto the lugs, i think it will work. i wish i took a pic of that guys car.

also... i forgot to mention im putting em on my ranger, AND i found blanks for anyone interested in useing them on there tbird. look at ebay, the guy sells em for like 35$ for a set of 4 blanks. dam ranger has older wheel hubs with a nut and dust cap that sticks out past the wheel, so the explorer one should also hide that.

Reply #5
Gumby, that first link looks like what I saw. I found these on eBay too and noticed there like half an inch smaller then what I think I need. I'll keep poking around till I find something or possibly pix with measurements.

Reply #6
Don't really belong here, but this is the new truck...99 2wd 5speed 2.5l ranger. Lowered it 2" and put my mustang wheels/tires on. New beater, great for getting parts.

Reply #7
nice, another Ranger guy. My daily beater is a 93 with a turbo swap. Dropped 4", big brakes, and other misc BS.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #8
Nice! I plan on doing some more, just trying to get it running good and reliable now. Sweet ranger.

Reply #9
rangers and fox bodys go hand and hand
 gumby : i like the grill overlay at the top the chrome piece!
here is my 95 splash 3.0l
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash

Reply #10
i dont want to hijack this thread, but BJL what is the name of the color of your Ranger? ihave been looking for something like that to paint my cougar

Reply #11
I dont want to hijack this thread but, JBL what color paint it that on your Ranger, is it just like a semi-flat black or ....?

Reply #12
Quote from: BJL;361467
gumby : i like the grill overlay at the top the chrome piece!

Only another 3rd gen owner would notice, thanks!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #13
TTT paint color plzzzz

Reply #14
I think its semi gloss or satan black, it was gloss with purple tribal flames, but he murdered it out lol. Looks better like this IMO