Skip to main content
Topic: Car wiring harness (Read 1703 times) previous topic - next topic

Car wiring harness

I have  a T.C swapped to a 5.8 and carbed. Has anyone swapped the 2.3 car side harness to a 5.0 harness i was cleaning up some wires and using a EVTM and the 2.3 harness covers 3 pages and the 5.0 is covered in like one?
 I don't need allot of stuff optioned with the 2.3 just thought it would be easier ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Car wiring harness

Reply #1
I will be working on this over the coming weeks.  But I don't have too much done yet.  I will probably be making diagrams I can share.  Let me know what you find out in the meantime!

Car wiring harness

Reply #2
So far all Ive done is pull the stuff for the hydro boost brakes and the stereo system I plan on a new system. and that was easy. There's so many wires
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Car wiring harness

Reply #3
The engine harness is separate from the Car harness. I've pulled a few from fox, bird/cougars and replaced a few on other cars. Get everything loose in the engine compartment. Then go to the ECU unbolt it and find which wires tie into the car mark and cut them or separate them out from the engine harness.  Get the harness grommet broke free from the fire wall. Start pulling the engine harness out the engine bay side. Works good with two people one pulling and one wiggling and shoving the wires the way they need to go to get out the grommet hole. Not sure how many wires tie into the chaiss harness to the engine harness in the 87 t/c. Jscasity on here normally has a good copy of the 87 EVTM he shares with most people.

Hope  this helps
Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Car wiring harness

Reply #4
Thanks, the dash is out and the harness is spread out on a table and a EVTM in hand. I have already filled a double milk crate full of wires from the back bulkhead to the right kick panel and the ECU stuff. Must weight 20 lbs.

Car wiring harness

Reply #5
I'm very interested in this, I have a 88 TC same color as yours I just did a 331 swap (carb) in. Looking to do engine side 5.0 harness and go fuel injection. I also think there is WAY to much wiring inside as well as under the hood.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Car wiring harness

Reply #6
This coming weekend, I will be spending much time on the wiring.  It looks like a majority of the chassis wiring into the engine bay is ABS related.  The other is PRC stuff.  I'm mostly concerned with the gauge feeds and ignition stuff.

How is it going westie?

Car wiring harness

Reply #7
Last night I put the harness back in the dash minus the electric booster wires. My buddy who's a counter man at a local salvage yard gonna keep his eyes open for a V8 bird or cougar and Ill grab the harness then. Ive got to put mine back in I want to put the windows up to ship it to the body shop. Ill have to revisit it when it comes back with paint.

Car wiring harness

Reply #8
Shredder I'm heading to Charlotte The kings tree development off Robinson church rd Mecklenburg county the weekend of the 20th is that close to you?

Car wiring harness

Reply #9
Hey westie.  Robinson Church is in the Hickory Grove area of Charlotte - East of the city.  I live South of the city in Weddington just outside the I-485 loop.  What brings you down?

Alright.  I have made some wiring progress, but what a pain!!!!!!

Check out my build thread for some details.

Car wiring harness

Reply #10
My mom has a home down there and I'm going to get the rest of her stuff I'm putting it up for rent to get her a little income. We tried to sell it and would have lost 50K from her initial investment 5 years ago. I moved my mom in with me her health was a factor and like they say you can pick your friends nose but you cant pick your relatives or something like that.
The cars off to paint and the 2.3 harness is back in the dash. I'm glad for the ease that I'm sticking with a carb. I just need to do car side. But ???? I hope to go look at a 5.0 dash harness this week?