Skip to main content
Topic: Seat belt buckle sleeve ? (Read 934 times) previous topic - next topic

Seat belt buckle sleeve ?

I have had this set of buckles for quite some time and figured the ones in the car now are about wiped out so want to put these in but heres the problem. Lt side is like new but the rt side is split exactly on the seam about 1/2 way up, the opposite side is fine and am curious if any of you have ever tried to repair one.      X

Reply #1
I've never seen them actually repaired. The cheap and easy fix, is find a set from a Crown Vic cop car. They are different at the bottom, but once installed, you can't tell it's not a Fox part. Plus, they are cheap and readily available.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
3M trim glue?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
They will also work from a Fox Mustang. Replacement sleeves are inexpensive and easy to paint.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Seat-Belt-Plastic-Sleeves

I am running painted Mustang sleeves on my '86. No issues whatsoever, no scratches, everything looks great.