Skip to main content
Topic: *SOLD* For sale - '80 XR-7 *SOLD* (Read 401 times) previous topic - next topic

*SOLD* For sale - '80 XR-7 *SOLD*

I've decided to put the "new" XR-7 up for sale.  Not really out of any kind of desperation, just more of an evaluation of if I'm going to have time to get around to doing what I want to do to it.

Short list of info:
- 255/C4 combo
- power driver seat
- manual windows

Work done to the car so far:
- Rebuilt carb (still messing with a buggy accelerator pump circuit)
- New spark plugs
- New brake pads and shoes, and bled system. New rear flex hose.
- Lowered with FMS C-Kit springs in the front and cut springs in the rear
- New battery
- New headliner
- So-so tires on "Snowflakes"
- Fixed busted lights and turn signals

Pics for those who don't know the car.

I drive this thing 1 or 2 times a week (which equates to 15mi or 30 mi, depending on work schedule), and I've put 800-1000 miles on it since I put it on the road.  It could stand to have a real tune-up, but I'm not wanting to invest too much in the engine/trans combo.  The only real annoyance is the semi-functioning accelerator pump circuit.  It's real touchy to get moving from a stop, and I guess I need to do some more serious cleaning of the carb to solve it.  The exhaust isn't all that great, with a couple leaks here and there, but see above statement regarding that situation.

I'm asking [SIZE="3"]$500[/SIZE], which is less than I have into it.  No use trying to beat me up on the price, as like I said, I don't NEED to sell it, but if someone wants it, I could use the space.  It's not costing me much of anything to keep it.  It would come with the Snowflakes and the 14" steelies that were on it, as well as a hard-to-find console for the car. The console isn't in the best of shape, but could be refurbished for when bucket seats are installed.  NO...I will not sell parts from the car.  If no one buys it, I'll eventually get to working on it.

The car is located in Indianapolis, IN.

CAR IS SOLD
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #1
hey chuck, I have the cougar letters for the trunk if they are the same as the 79.

Reply #2
Quote from: 88turbo;358668
hey chuck, I have the cougar letters for the trunk if they are the same as the 79.

Got some, thanks though.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo