Skip to main content
Topic: injectors? (Read 953 times) previous topic - next topic

injectors?

Can any 36# injector work or does it have to be a certain type? Im also wondering about 39# injectors on a stock computer. i know i'll run a tad rich but i'll be running around 23# of boost and im not sure if the 36# injectors can handle that much boost.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

injectors?

Reply #1
Your stock injectors are 35#. You'll be better off if you spend the money on a wideband if you're going to start pushing a bunch of boost and playing with the fuel. If you're going to run the stock injectors, you'll need to up the base fuel pressure. Allegedly, the stock 2.3t ECU can "adapt" to a slight larger injector, but 38 or 39# is the highest. You need to run a low impedance, top feed injector with the EV1 wiring plug.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

injectors?

Reply #2
I already have my sites on a wideband sensor. With all the new mods i have and how old the stock injectors i just want to be safe and buy new ones. I have a walbro 255lph and a BBK FPR. So this is what i need then? http://musclemotors.com/39lbhour-bosch-fuel-injector-with-ev1-connector-p-1626.html
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

injectors?

Reply #3
Those are high impedance. You CAN run them, but you SHOULD just get low impedance injectors.
I wouldn't spend the money on larger injectors until you get a wideband and see just how the stock ones are keeping up first. Then, when you do find the need to step up on the injectors, your #1 tuning tool (the wideband), will already be installed and ready.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

injectors?

Reply #4
SOOO there is no such thing as a 39# injector thats an EV1 and low impedance.... Ive looked for an hour and cant find them.

injectors?

Reply #5
i did just read a fox mustang forum and they can use EV6 without any wiring changes even though they are setup to use EV1?
http://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0-5-8-engine-tech/1109524-m-9593-bb302-vs-m-9593-b302-ev6-vs-ev1-fuel-injectors.html