Skip to main content
Topic: Supercoupe questions (Read 1329 times) previous topic - next topic

Supercoupe questions

I have an 88 tc, and a supercoupe sitting in my yard I got for free, guy wanted 300 bucks for it till a road grater got it. Any way look at all the 5 lug conversion stuff, how does the Supercoupe brakes and front spindles compare to a 94-5 mustang? (I also have one of those I bought for 200 bucks in my yard). I was looking at doing the irs swap if it isn't gonna be a huge pain.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Supercoupe questions

Reply #1
I don't think anybody has ever put IRS on one of the fox cars...but the MN12 suspension setup is completely different from the foxes. If you really wanted IRS, I bet one from an 03-04 cobra would work better, but probably not much.

You could put the SC engine in your TC if you wanted to though. Somebody on coolcats.net has a cougar with a 3.8SC setup.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Supercoupe questions

Reply #2
It already has a 331 stroker in it.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Supercoupe questions

Reply #3
oh dang. Got dyno numbers, track numbers or anything?
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supercoupe questions

Reply #4
The MN-12 front brakes are , and not compatible anyway.

The IRS is not a bolt-in.  It's been done before, but it's a custom deal.

Bolt pattern between the MN-12s and 5-lug Mustangs is not the same, either.  5 x 4.25" vs. 5 x 4.5"
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Supercoupe questions

Reply #5
Quote from: RunninWild;358320
I don't think anybody has ever put IRS on one of the fox cars...but the MN12 suspension setup is completely different from the foxes. If you really wanted IRS, I bet one from an 03-04 cobra would work better, but probably not much.

There are in fact three on this board with a cobra IRS under their thundercat. Possibly one more, but not sure the fourth one ever got past the research phase.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Supercoupe questions

Reply #6
Quote from: gumby;358328
There are in fact three on this board with a cobra IRS under their thundercat. Possibly one more, but not sure the fourth one ever got past the research phase.

well dadgum. I had no idea...that's pretty cool. Do you know which three?
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supercoupe questions

Reply #7
Quote from: RunninWild;358333
Do you know which three?

Yup :mullet:

Supercoupe questions

Reply #8
Quote from: gumby;358334
Yup :mullet:

Hmm well it appears as if I needed to ask an additional question...:flip:

Which members?
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supercoupe questions

Reply #9
1badbird
gumby
and
t3skidoo

The fourth is booksix. It is listed in his sig, and we exchanged PM's, but I dont remember him posting much if anything on the forums about the swap

:bangtbird:

Supercoupe questions

Reply #10
sigh, was hoping it would bolt under, so is the new mustang the only bolt on irs?

Supercoupe questions

Reply #11
Quote from: gumby;358344
1badbird
gumby
and
t3skidoo

The fourth is booksix. It is listed in his sig, and we exchanged PM's, but I dont remember him posting much if anything on the forums about the swap

:bangtbird:

Wow I had no idea you had IRS in yours...
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]