Skip to main content
Topic: Brake upgrade question (Read 936 times) previous topic - next topic

Brake upgrade question

Smoothing out the remaining speed bumps in my car, got 90% of the under hood stuff squared away, ordering the recommended shocks / struts when I get paid next and uncle sam let up. (Btw thank you for all the replies in that thread) Next question is brake upgrades, I want to build my car for road race type driving. Its an 88 tc which has the teeves electrohydralic whatever on it. How does it compare with the upgraded rotor size and do I need to change it out for vacuum style booster or does the teeves play nice with different calipers? I have all the parts required for the swap in the parts yard already (95 mustang, a lincoln vii, and couple newer birds and mustangs) So would be cheap. Just curious how new stuff works with the old.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"