Skip to main content
Topic: 2011 Indianapolis 500 Qualifying (Read 777 times) previous topic - next topic

2011 Indianapolis 500 Qualifying

I can't wait to go. I got my tickets ordered and am ready to rock to the sound of 225mph going by :headbang:
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #1
Nothin like it. I got to go to the 400 in Daytona a few years ago. It was almost as good as being at the strip lol.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2
Quote from: sarjxxx;356451
Nothin like it. I got to go to the 400 in Daytona a few years ago. It was almost as good as being at the strip lol.

This will make my fourth voyage to the Brickyard. The first was a shiznits and giggles run just to check out the place. I couldn't take the track tour because there was a Winston Cup team testing, so I got to watch that going on. The second was to watch Nextel Cup Qualifying and the IROC race. The third time, I took my wife and her boys up there. Now, we get to rock and roll to the qualifying for the centennial race :headbang:

Racing's nothing new on my end ...it is, for my wife. The first time I took her and her boys to a race was at Clarksville (TN) Speedway, the local dirt track. Well, we go out to eat, then head to the track. Boy, she got all prettied up, and wondered why I wasn't wearing my Sunday's Best. The jeans she wore that night still have Tennessee clay in them :rollin:

Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway's been hit up, a couple of times. Sunday Family Funday, the All-American 400, and a few other deals, there.

Nashville Superspeedway has been visited for races, as well. The first time was for the ARCA & Busch Grand National race. The second time, we were guests of Frank Cicci and got to watch the whole race from pit road. I got to meet Carl Edwards, that go around :headbang:

Then, there's been a few other places we've gone to watch racing. Beech Bend Raceway, in Bowling Green, twice.

It's a firm belief of mine that families that race together stay together ...so ...
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em