Skip to main content
Topic: Google Maps Torino (Mine) (Read 4745 times) previous topic - next topic

Google Maps Torino (Mine)

Thought this was pretty cool, i mean what are the odds? 

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #2
hah thats cool. The one from my house is when the previous renters were here and there looks to be a kid in the driveway looking right at the camera lol.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #3
everyone of you are stupid if you think this is cool.  give it a little while and you'll eventually see im right.

When they tried that at my house, I litteraly took the camera from the "STATE PAID" and welfare funded (ie- general fund) person and smashed it and told them that when they decided to drive up a piece of land 2000 feet long called my drive way to take a picture and not even knock on the door to let me know anything, they were asking for trouble.  No introduction or anything they show up and insist they can take pictures.

The idiot reached in his pocket so I showed my gun, the idiot then said im just getting my cell phone so I informed said idiot that I cant "know" that when you move that quickly.  The idiot gave me a rash for destroying his camera and started running off at the mouth so ,, I pulled the bronco down to the point where this idiot could not leave the driveway blocking it.  Yep I own the road.

I called the police and informed them there is someone claiming they work for "homeland security" working on the "mapping west virginia" project but thier cheezy name tag piece of paper held on with  a diaper pin didnt look like good use of tax dollars and that I dont trust this person.  Please come here quick.

The police never showed , I allowed the idiot to use my phone to call whomever and whine a little then i moved my truck and they didnt come back, nor did anyone follow up with me.

THis little feature of google might be cool to all you and its privacy intrusion may not be in your control due to property line issues but dont give it away.

I know everything about this decade long project, every ounce of it.  It has very little to do with homeland security and a whole lot more to do with sales and information gathering which becomes for sale to any vendor in the world who wants to buy it.  What you all dont know is the real time mapping available..... and the recent "oppsie" google had with respect to the nyse. 

meanwhile google et' all are in private discussions with our temporary leader discussing the internet now in california.

so yea, ,,right,, its cool.

Reply #4
I agree that driving up your driveway, more like a private road really, is crossing some lines. I think the pic of the Torino is cool though being it's on a public street. Not much you can say about privacy when you live close to the street like that. I live behind 300 feet of giant yellow bamboo. I have to run off "tourists" all the time that thought it was cool so they decided to drive back and see it up close. Have these people never watched any movies where people disappear for doing stuff like that? Good on you for running off the joker taking pictures of your private property. These people seriously need to learn how to respect boundaries.
2017 Subaru Outback
2007 Lincoln MKZ
1990 Ford F250 / Banks turbo diesel

Reply #6
Quote from: jcassity;353296
everyone of you are stupid if you think this is cool.  give it a little while and you'll eventually see im right.

When they tried that at my house, I litteraly took the camera from the "STATE PAID" and welfare funded (ie- general fund) person and smashed it and told them that when they decided to drive up a piece of land 2000 feet long called my drive way to take a picture and not even knock on the door to let me know anything, they were asking for trouble.  No introduction or anything they show up and insist they can take pictures.

The idiot reached in his pocket so I showed my gun, the idiot then said im just getting my cell phone so I informed said idiot that I cant "know" that when you move that quickly.  The idiot gave me a rash for destroying his camera and started running off at the mouth so ,, I pulled the bronco down to the point where this idiot could not leave the driveway blocking it.  Yep I own the road.

I called the police and informed them there is someone claiming they work for "homeland security" working on the "mapping west virginia" project but thier cheezy name tag piece of paper held on with  a diaper pin didnt look like good use of tax dollars and that I dont trust this person.  Please come here quick.

The police never showed , I allowed the idiot to use my phone to call whomever and whine a little then i moved my truck and they didnt come back, nor did anyone follow up with me.

THis little feature of google might be cool to all you and its privacy intrusion may not be in your control due to property line issues but dont give it away.

I know everything about this decade long project, every ounce of it.  It has very little to do with homeland security and a whole lot more to do with sales and information gathering which becomes for sale to any vendor in the world who wants to buy it.  What you all dont know is the real time mapping available..... and the recent "oppsie" google had with respect to the nyse. 

meanwhile google et' all are in private discussions with our temporary leader discussing the internet now in california.

so yea, ,,right,, its cool.

Always the consipiracy theorist!  lol...

As long as they are in the street taking pictures and not looking in my windows, I don't see a problem.  I use Google Earth streetview for work all the time showing our delivery drivers which house to go to.  Its very handy.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #7
Scott, is there anywhere you can read about this hidden agenda of google/nyse/whatever?

But on topic, what a nice memory back to before she had to get her front end redone :)
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #8
yeah,, like im capable of backing up anything i say with fact.
its already been determined that i posted a "consiracy" and an "agenda"  and let i remind the crew these words are reserved typically for thoses who feel like stiring a pot of the typically more informed people.

so now the the burden of proof is off my plate , Its no secret i stated facts,,
soime people cant even be spoon fed facts, they have to live through them before they get it.

thats the difference in being aware of your surroundings and not being open minded enough to allow all information into your relm of thoughts and considerations.

I happen to be the most open minded person on the planet.
now here is where I become a problem........................
I am so open minded to everything that I have prefromed conclusions based on historical trends.  Why would I have historical trends you say??  because i pay attention to whats going on around me.
So when I spout off about something that even remotely sounds like i have a preformed conclusion, its based on the actions or past trends of the situation at hand.

That unto itself does not seem to be unfair at all, it actually is rational and reasonable thinking.,,which is becoming more popular thinking lately.

so hope there was no offense taken, just saying people should be informed by way of ***ALL*** sources of information, thats all.

Reply #9
Either google will be going away soon, or they will take everything over, and then go away. It has happened to every company in their place before them.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #10
Google Street View does not show anything that any person on Earth cannot go and look at themselves. Somebody from Australia, a perfect stranger (and even worse, a *gasp* foreigner) can fly here, get into a car, drive down your road, and look right at your house. They will see your cars, your lawn, your curtains, and if they happen to be outside playing, your children as well. Street view merely saves them the airfare and prevents them flicking cigarette butts into your garden.

On a similar note, why is it perfectly normal to drive your car wherever you want, into cities big and small, and show your license plate to anyone who cares to give it a glance, but the moment a pic of it is posted online the plate must be blocked out? (And I am guilty of doing this myself, without thinking it through, only because everyone else does). What are people afraid of? Do they think some slimeball is going to somehow use their plate number to steal their identity? And if so, do they think that these slimeballs exist only on the internet and not in their home town? Why don't they cover up their tags when driving around town?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #11
X2 on what Carm said...

And with that....IBTL!
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #12
I've often wondered about the license plate deal too...hell everyone sees it when you are driving, parked at Walmart, etc.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #13
Quote from: 50tbrd88;353420
I've often wondered about the license plate deal too...hell everyone sees it when you are driving, parked at Walmart, etc.

I think it's because it shows the plate usually in front of the house where it's parked/garaged. It just makes people feel uncomfortable.

Reply #14
...and yet hundreds, if not thousands of people see that same plate in front of the house when they drive by (unless you're paranoid enough to cover it whenever you park)...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣