Skip to main content
Topic: May 14th meet (Read 1926 times) previous topic - next topic

May 14th meet

It was a blast, a few people that told me they would show up didnt, but it was no big deal, we rolled into the park 7 deep, well...i limped into the park....and we invaded a parking lot which was ment for use by a rented pavillion, but it was all good

total count of people was:
myself
5.0willgo
lowcat
BondoCougar made a suprise entrance
Bane (personal friend; stang boy)
Josh (personal friend; ranger boy)
Luis (personal friend; SC boy)

here are the only pics that came out with my camera:
It's Gumby's fault.

Re: May 14th meet

Reply #1
the top pic is all of us, other than Bane with his stang, and BondoCougar, but the second pic is his car exclusivly, and the 3rd pic is 5.0willgo's engine compartment
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
yea, you all kinda of took all the spots on that side by the time I had parked :(

was fun though and would deff. do it again.

Reply #3
and its all my fault...had to park all crooked
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
! Wish I could've made it. Oh well, at least this summer should be free  :cool:

You guys get nailed by those T-storms? I almost ped my pants!
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #5
we got em later, we left as we got thunder, we got back to my house as it started to drizzle and rain a bit

after that, i was over at jillians, so i didnt know we got storms untill i got home
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
This meet was great. I'll post my pics a later this evening. I only got two lousy pics but I'll get them on here. Maybe we can get together again around Cecil and hit the drag strip.
Hey that pic of my engine looks great :D

Reply #7
I know I said later this evening but here they are now.

Here's my two pics. Lowcat and I met in North East and I followed him down until we ended up missing an exit and in an effort to make a u-turn, I became the lead car.
First pic is of me following lowcat and is all fuzzy which sucks but meh.
Second is the group with the exception of Bondocougar and Bane. Notice that Luis has a bottle on my hood. :nono: yeah.

Reply #8
 that pic was taken right before i backed into the last spot :( my poor car all neglected..atleast its a fox body lol..we did get a nice laugh showing my previous owners painting "skills" though on the motor :D

Reply #9
Looks like y'all had a fun time.
Sorry I couldn't make it, Shawn. I've been VERY busy working on the transmission on the '96, as well as trying to move out of my apartment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
It was great to see T-Birds & Cougars all in one place without having to drive to Ohio! As well as a Fox Mustang.  Good stuff to see if I did my 3.8/5.0 conversion right!

Its always real interesting to see what upgrades can be done.  I'm sold on the interior paint, the dash pieces looked new, and I needed sunglasses to look at the polished Cobra intake upgrades. :bowdown:

It was also more general than CatJam in some ways as I have not personally ever had an opportunity to look at the Turbochargers (the part of an engine I'm especially clueless  :crazy: on) in the TBirds before.

Thanks for setting things up..

V6->V8HO 88 LS
5.0L V8 87 XR7

Reply #11
if you want more info on the TC's, or feel like having another small get-together, just let me know

hell, youre only about 15 minutes away from here, can always feel free to drop by if youd like
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #12
yea  i was very surprised the dash well interior in general came out as nice as it did. and yes the cobra upper/lower intakes are fkin sweet when polished. Its pretty amazing the fact u found us haha

what part of baltimore are you from? I used to live in the lansdowne/halethorpe area. now I live like 2min from shawn lol

Reply #13
Quote from: bondocougar
and I needed sunglasses to look at the polished Cobra intake upgrades. :bowdown:

Thank you!! I wish I had more time to work on things under there though. That intake needs a little bit of work. You did a great job on your conversion!

Reply #14
cant wait to meet up with everyone again. that was a very clean looking conversion bondocougar. looked almost factory.

it, was gonna order some blue spark plug wires from ford..but 1/2 my motor is fkin orange :mad: :mad: