Skip to main content
Topic: Sad junkyard Tbird story (Read 5561 times) previous topic - next topic

Sad junkyard Tbird story

So I went to the local Pull-a-Part yesterday looking for a Tbird or Cougar with red interior that I could get some pieces from for the Turbo Coupe.  As my gf and I walk into the yard, on the first row of Fords, I spotted a 4 eye Tbird.  When I got closer, I was appalled at what I found...

Before tearing into it, I called up dad to see if he wanted it for a project car, at which point I inquired about purchasing the car.  Unfortunately, they are not able to sell whole cars.  Such a shame, because this was a beautiful 4 eye.  An 83 to be exact.  So then I took pictures to preserve her legacy, which will also live on in my Turbo Coupe.  Rest in peace.

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #1
Oh my god!!! Its in beautiful shape. Better than my cougar and its five years older.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #2
That sir, is a crying shame.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #3
What a shame , I would have drained my bank account gathering parts from that thing though .  It even has  a shiny clean ashtray in the console
Fox-less at the moment

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #4
That is terribly sad....... was it a C4C car?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #5
wow that makes me so mad at the owner. It reminds me of the LS I found in my yard last year. It was perfect. I mean friggen perfect. And they wouldn't sell me the car. 2 mo's later it was crushed and gone.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #6
I need the rear ashtray....and front if it's nice. Can you get them for me?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #7
S.O.B...that is a shame!!  WTF is wrong with people to send a nice car like that to the junkyard?  I guess it just goes to show that most people could care less about these Fox T-bird/Cougars.  To 99% of people they are just old 80's cars.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #8
I found an 83 5.0 bird. Looked brand new, even had the hood emblem. Perfect leather seats. Body looked brand new. Went through the glove box and found a receipt saying it was serviced at 67k miles like 6 months before I saw it. I have no idea why it was junked. Maybe blown tranny?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #9
Quote from: vinnietbird;348514
I need the rear ashtray....and front if it's nice. Can you get them for me?

If I make a return trip, I'll snag them for you.

This encounter has made me even happier to know that I've at least been able to keep 2 Tbirds from suffering such a fate, along with all the stuff that the rest of you guys own.  Let this be motivation for us all.  :)

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #10
By the time Fox T-birds or Cougars get into the yard by me they are beat to hell. I'm lucky I've never seen a Fox like that in the yard.

The one car I saw in the yard that ticked me off was during C4C two years ago. It was a loaded pearl white 97 4.6 T-bird Sport with 45,000 miles on it. It was a C4C trade in. The car was mint, mint, mint with leather. I would have loved to have it as a DD.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #11
Grab those bumper lights!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #12
RIP little 4 eyes RIP

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #13
Quote from: Chuck W;348559
Grab those bumper lights!
Word.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Sad junkyard Tbird story

Reply #14
My mouth literally dropped. Even the dash pad is uncracked.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust