Skip to main content
Topic: Clear Corner and misc pics (Read 2749 times) previous topic - next topic

Clear Corner and misc pics

Ive been working on the TC header panel conversion and here are some pics.

These are the clear corners Ive been working on, not the greatest, but alot better than what I started with. THis is NOT the finished product.

THis is the difference between the TC and standard inner marker lights. THe TC are obviously much bigger.

Here is the cluster that I will be using for Autometer phantom gauges. This is a stock gutted cluster so it will fit right in.
1988 Tbird Stock bottom end 306, Windsor Jr's, Explorer intake, 125 shot.
Best ET: 12.11 Best MPH: 113.8 1/4 mile

Re: Misc headlight pics

Reply #1
thats nice work on the lenses ,, but that cluster mod looks even better. 

man, some of you guys are doing some neat stuff this year. :bowdown:

Re: Misc headlight pics

Reply #2
Thx, the cluster will be a longer term project, I hope to have finished this year.

Re: Clear Corner and misc pics

Reply #3
Here is a finished pic of the corners, I used some light diffuser plastic from a flourescent light to replace the orange piece. I experimented with several different types of clear glue/epoxy. Most of the glues/epoxies hardend yellowish color.  The best thing I found was to use clear 3M trim glue, works great.

Reply #4
That's the idea i was telling you about,looks good.
Be curious to see how it looks lit up.

Reply #6
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Looks sweet! Love the side markers...great job.

And sorry, but I gotcha beat with the gauges...

Yeah... but are they actually in the car NOW?  I remember seeing pics on top of pics of that cluster, then when I saw your car.... no autometers!

Reply #7
LOL! Yeah, it was a test-fit before. They are actually in the car now and all are working just fine. Was getting worried about the fuel gauge...after I filled up the tank, though, it's working as advertised. That picture above is from the appraiser I met on 5/7/05.

Reply #8
kickass job going on Ronnie

Eric...your steering wheel looks like a bit marshmellow
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
Quote from: Tbird232ci
Eric...your steering wheel looks like a bit marshmellow

Yeah...picture came out a little contrasty thanks to the flash during the daytime (wasn't me taking the photo). I'll probably take some better ones this week and update my site.

Reply #10
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Looks sweet! Love the side markers...great job.

And sorry, but I gotcha beat with the gauges...

Eric, nice job on the gauges, thats the look Im going for. I will be using the Phantom electronic programmable speedo which works great b/c our cars already have the electronic speed sending unit. Also Ive researched the autometer Phantom fuel level gauge will work with our ohm sending unit. Tach is an easy install, and so will be the voltmeter. Ive already got Phantom oil pressure, water temp, and a/f gauges above the radio, so they should all go nice together.

Reply #11
That's going to look kick-ass, Ronnie...very nice combination of gauges. I was going to ask you why there's only 4 in the main cluster---now I know. Yes, I also had zero problems with the speedo and fuel gauge. For once in my lifetime, it was so easy to put in something aftermarket and have it work first shot!

BTW, I only mean 'gotcha beat' as in, 'they're already in the car, so nyah'. Any car you got will still beat any car I got. ;)

Reply #12
Its all good Eric, I know whatcha mean. I give you props for being the guinea pig when it comes to these mods, as well as sharing experience/knowledge.

Anywho...Ive been busy prepping/priming/painting/finishing the header panel. I tried to match the paint as best I could, and Im no body/paint man, but it didnt turn out bad. Nice smooth finish after some rubbing compound/polish. I set it beside the old header panel(whats left) as a comparison...

Here is a pic of my new Diamond headlights for the Gen 1 L and  theyre purrty. I wish they made these for tbirds lol!

Later