Skip to main content
Topic: Sigs again. Read Please. (Read 1515 times) previous topic - next topic

Sigs again. Read Please.

There are a few sigs out there that are WAY too large.  Since the old scroll bar from the old board is gone, folks need to shrink things down to a reasonable size, so as not to be tedious.

200 to 300 pixels tall is acceptable.  If you don't know how large that is,  200 pixels is what the old board allowed before it scrolled, and my current sig is 200 pixels tall.

Yes, the user has the ability to turn off viewing of other members sigs, but we'd rather people be allowed some expression, as long as individuals use some restraint and common sense and police themselves.

The alternative is no images in sigs, or even sigs for anyone. Keep that in mind should you choose to complain about the rule.

Thanks,
The Management
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #1
some people don't know how to downsize.. if you don't, send me a PM and i will downsize it for you.. it only takes me 2 seconds

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #2
how's mine?

500x100
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #3
I hope mine is better now...let me know if not.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #4
i would suppose both are fine, they're not that big

chuck, isn't there a way to limit pixel size? i know on other forums they have a sig pixel max

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #5
Like I said, mine is 200 pixels (with the little text over it)...so you can judge that close to that, or a bit taller, is fine.  200 pixels was the old limit before the sigs would scroll on the old board.

I don't think the admins have had the time to mess with figuring out the forum software that might hard limit this, but they shouldn't have to.  If your sig takes up almost an entire screen, one would think that one might think that was probably not right.  Again, restraint and common sense.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #6
acceptable height..

not acceptable.. lol

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #7
Mine also fit in the box before scrolling, if anyone wants to size theirs up against it. I sized it so the text would also show with out scrolling
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #8
Just figure avatar height, but wider, heh.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #9
that's 50 pixels if i remember right lol

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #10
Keep in mind that it's not just large images that add to thread clutter, but also lines of text. When each page of a thread is largely composed of redundant signature images and text, rather than useful information, something has to change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #11
I've tried to keep mine a decent size the whole time but pls let me know if you feel its too much, I'll shrink it. I'm currently at about 250.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #12
Quote from: cougarcragar;347814
Keep in mind that it's not just large images that add to thread clutter, but also lines of text. When each page of a thread is largely composed of redundant signature images and text, rather than useful information, something has to change.

yep. I know I'm as guilty as anybody else, but there is an option to uncheck before one replies that says, "Show Signature." I'd say once per page is good, at most.

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #13
If I'm not mistaken; there is an admin option in the vBulletin software that can do that for every poster.......I.E. if they post 7 times in a thread their signature will show once.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Sigs again. Read Please.

Reply #14
Quote from: V8Demon;348127
If I'm not mistaken; there is an admin option in the vBulletin software that can do that for every poster.......I.E. if they post 7 times in a thread their signature will show once.

That would be interesting, but I wouldn't think we'd need to go to that extent. The option box isn't that hard to find :p