Skip to main content
Topic: Confession (Read 1068 times) previous topic - next topic

Confession

I must confess.  After removing the whole interior, all exterior trim on the 86 a couple of months ago in preparation for repairs and paint I've done nothing else with it.

I did however clean up the 92 LX and rebuild the whole front suspension.  Now I'm driving it daily.  In addition after complaining about how big and sloppy the LX was that now I'm liking it a whole lot.  I'm liking the power seat that the 86 doesn't have, I'm liking the Kenwood stereo that the 86 doesn't have and I really like the Automatic temperature control a/c the very best that the 86 doesn't have.  Now that the front end is all rebuilt and aligned the rear end follows the front end around real good.  And to top it all off it runs fantasticly smooth, no leaks and in general a much nicer car than the 86.:birdsmily:

I also sold the 82 Mercury Cougar GS station wagon two months ago to a Mercury collector in Texas.

Please forgive me.:bowdown:
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Confession

Reply #1
Cougar station wagon? Got a picture? I've never seen or heard of a cougar wagon.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Confession

Reply #3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Confession

Reply #4
Other than electronic a/c controls (I have the standard controls),the Sport can do about anything. It just takes time to assemble.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..