Skip to main content
Topic: WTB: Grey door panels (Read 797 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB: Grey door panels

Looking for good condition, complete, grey door panels. Both sides, with power locks. Would prefer a set that is vinyl and from a TC or 85-86 XR7. Let me know what you have. Thanks!
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Re: WTB: Grey door panels

Reply #1
Will the 88 panels fit from an LS model? Any idea?

Reply #2
I think they are interchangeable, but not 100% sure.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #3
I know you want some gray one out of a T/c ,but  I have an 88 cougar LS model that is totaled and the door panels are in great shape ecpect mine are red. They are for power window and power locks. I'll let than go for cheap
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #4
Alright, thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to poke around to see if the TC/XR7 panels are interchangeable with the LS/LX ones.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #5
The red ones I have seem to be the same as the ones that are in my 85 XR7. I don't think that they have the door close pull handel above the arm rest though. Any how let me know If you want the red ones I got. Also I can pull some that are gray out of a 85/86 t-bird lx that had preium sound and pw,pl. The car has no windows so they are ok but not great. I'd let the gray ones go I can get for $10+shipping I'll see if I can get some pics of them for ya.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #6
i have some from an 85 86 ish turbo coupe. they are leather and light grey in color. basically, they look like 87-88 turbo coupe pannels but are all light grey instead of light gyer and dark grey. they look nice installed. i went through a ton of  finding these and i ended up paying out 200 bucks to peice them together. they are not perfect but are in nice shape. i later decided to stay with the stock ones i already have. if you want them, feel free to make an offer. they are just taking up space. you can email me at shame302@aol.com
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
Hey, thanks for the replies guys. I think i'm going to aim for the TC/early XR-7 panels (the one where the arm rest/power lock buttons go upward). If you guys could snap some pictures, that would be great - i'm in no rush (long-term project), so feel free to take your time! Thanks again.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #8
those are the ones i have. ill post some pics when im better sorted. just got a new computer.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #9
I have a set of the grey XR7 panels but I dont have the arm rests or any of the other parts.  will sell cheap if you want them I have no need for them. they wont match my interior I have the raven.  let me know