Skip to main content
Topic: 2011 Junkyard finds (Read 16465 times) previous topic - next topic

2011 Junkyard finds

OK, so I'm a bit early.  :hick:

Posts like this make me optimistic although for the most part I think the days of plentiful 83-88 junkyard parts are gone.

Quote from: Watchdevil;343433
For me the good Tbird/Cougar stuff is only existent when I am not looking for something anymore, like months later when the local yards are full of like cars again.

Feel free to post anything interesting you find here.
tbirdregistry.com

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #1
Quote from: rodsterh;343440
OK, so I'm a bit early.  :hick:

Posts like this make me optimistic although for the most part I think the days of plentiful 83-88 junkyard parts are gone.

Feel free to post anything interesting you find here.

After months of looking for stuff at the local Pull-A-Part, they eventually take away the stripped cars for metal recycling after about three months of yard life. Usually if I wait a few more months, more cars go out of service and get sold to the yard for s and then there is a whole new batch of cars to pull parts from. I tell you though the most plentiful Birds and Cats right now are the 1989-97 models. I really need to take another nice day off and see if there is anything "new" or useful to be found in the yards. I just never know when I may run up on a good Turbo nose panel that is not destroyed. I really do not need any cosmetic parts right now though I am considering upgrading to good sport buckets if I can find them.

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #2
the snow has fallen here in the northern wasteland, sadly the pick n pull here is looking rather bleak. the closest they can get me is a 90s cougar with a v6. still keeping my hopes up for a tc hood. :)
1974 Cougar XR7, 351 C, stock. white leather.
1983 Coug' LS-XR7-1/ A/c Delete, Edlebrock Intake, Holley 600 4bbl, Custom Badging, True dual Glasspacks
1989 Pontiac Bonneville SSE, 3.8L bone stock winter beater, in Gold

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #3
Weather is horrid up here.
Will be awhile 'till i venture over to the Ol Boneyard unless its necessary.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #5
That T Bird was in good shape. Most of the T birds and Cougars i see in the yards here are rotted to nothing or squished from unnatural causes.

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #6
I'm gonna make a request here, since I cannot find any parts in the yards in my state or the state above me. If anybody comes across an Mark VII's in the yard, please post in here, I am having a terrible time finding ANYTHING for the VII.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #7
Quote from: SirChirpAlot;348965
...or squished from unnatural causes.

:rollin: aint that the truth geez
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #8
I just got an Explorer upper and lower with rails and injectors (I'll polish the upper),and a "custom" GT-40 Tubular intake (upper/lower) that was opened up to 70mm with a matching t-body spacer. The upper has the finned area removed and replaced with new non-fined aluminum. When it gets here I'm going to smooth the welds and polish the ends like I did on my GT-40 a short while ago.It actually looks awesome. More when it gets here. I got a great deal on them both. They'll support the Sport with the funds they bring in.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #9
Got back from an emergency run to the 'yard.
To my surprise there is several T-Birds in there right now, I took pics of all of them~Coming soon, I gotta deal with the Volvo first.

As I recall there was:
1x 84 FILA 5.0 (Beat to hell)
1x 86 3.8
3x 5.0 87-88's.
1x early 60's T-Bird!!!

Got 2 Trip minders + Odd Dash piece (Out of the same car... 84 Fila)
And a shifter plate, But no non-od shifters. :(
And the tougher looking GMC Safari Grill for the Asro Van, LOL.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #10
Here's the Cars:

And here is all the pics:
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/Aesthetikz/Junkyard/

And i just noticed in the pics, Theres a Mark VII next to the Fila! Which is odd... 'Cuz I ddnt even realize it was there and I was next to it.

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #11
Just got home from the junkyard.  I went to get a jack for my F150 but couldnt resist walking through the Cougar/Tbird aisles.  I hadn't been there for quite a while and was expecting the worse.  Alot of the cars that were there last time were gone (sorry guys who wanted parts) BUT there is a fresh batch of even more cars!  I picked up a couple of Tripminders.  Here is the cars, all 16 of them...

1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #12
I see Hella lights. Those are popular. The body kit on the Cougar. vent window doors...etc.,etc.......I wish I could go there to shop.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #13
Yeah, the TCs still had Hellas.  The body kit on the Cat was smashed on the passenger side.  You are welcome to sleep on my couch if you want to come junkyarding with me  ;-)
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

2011 Junkyard finds

Reply #14
Dang! Hardly any of those cars look like they should be in a junk yard!
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7