Skip to main content
Topic: Changing Bulbs in my Tbirds dash cluster problem (Read 919 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing Bulbs in my Tbirds dash cluster problem

I was changing the bulbs for my cluster, to remove it i had to unscrew the column gear selector. Now, that im done i have no clue (totally blank) on where the screw should be screwed back into the back of the cluster. The plastic around the steering column is connected, the part im confuzzled about is where it joins with the cluster itself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Dream LOL

Reply #1
You have now succeeded in confusing another human being , There is only the one screw on the column that holds the selector string thingy to the car .
 Did you disassemble the cluster or just remove it ?
  Do you by any chance have any pictures of your quandary ?
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2
LOL,sorry I tried to remove the cluster itself. I know that theree is one screw, but im not sure where the screw/plastic casing  is supposed to be positioned.

Reply #3
The screw and cable support inserts into the lower backside of the cluster positioned to the right of the indicator assembly. If I am not mistaken, it should have been installed before the lens and cluster face was reinstalled to the front of the instrument cluster housing, that is assuming you took all that apart when you removed it and replaced the bulbs. Just follow the cable where it goes into the bottom of the cluster housing then look on the backside of the cluster. It could have been left attached to the cluster unit as all you had to do was loosen the plastic collar from the steering column and remove the entire cluster with the cable intact. We live and learn in the world of disassembly! ;)

Reply #4
Haha yeah it was starting to drive me crazy, i figured it out. :) Thanks for the help.

Reply #5
a little late but,,
to adjust the PRND cable, just put the shifter into "N" and then loosen the screw that holds the white clamp in place on the column.

simply dial in the center of "N" by rotating it either way then tighten.
This should center you up on all selections of the shifter visually.