Skip to main content
Topic: Check out this 87-88 grille insert (Read 1824 times) previous topic - next topic

Check out this 87-88 grille insert

I have never seen anything like this before. I think it was intended for the 87 and 88's that had that grille opening found in Tbirds with 3.8l V6 or 5.0l V8. Any insight?...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4548625978&category=42611
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Re: Check out this 87-88 grille insert

Reply #1
Looks like they meant to do a TC-ish knock-off with it.

It's an interesting piece, but I wouldn't use it. With my '88, I want to eliminate all the crossbars in the middle, vertical and horizontal, and just leave the exterior frame with some blacked-out wire mesh behind it. Cool air is more important to me than a smoothed-out front end.

Reply #2
I can make you one. let me know
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Reply #3
I've got a 5.0l in my TC and have non issues with cooling what so ever.
If you have the airdam still on your car it will direct air into the radiator while driving.

Reply #4
i have a TC nose on my 3.8L, with the base bumper cover, no problems

as long as the airdam is good, theres no problems with cooling
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
-coul this be aftermkt?? if you notice the emblem does not fit the recess very well....
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #6
Quote from: Tbird232ci
i have a TC nose on my 3.8L, with the base bumper cover, no problems

as long as the airdam is good, theres no problems with cooling

if i put both the bottom and upper portion of the bumper from on my 87 sport will it affect the cooling of the engine? i'm taking the bumper and hood off of one for use on that.

Reply #7
well...if itll cool a 2.3L turbo...itll cool your 5.0...
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #8
Quote from: Tbird232ci
well...if itll cool a 2.3L turbo...itll cool your 5.0...

hey anything to watch out for when swapping the fronts?

Reply #9
Basially a swap and go.