Skip to main content
Topic: Celebrity Stories (Read 1614 times) previous topic - next topic

Celebrity Stories

I got to see Suzy Boggus perform at the Country Music Hall of Fame's Ford (yes, Ford Motor Company-sponsored) Theater, a few years ago. Well, one thing led to another and she was signing autographs after the gig.

My ex-girlfriend and I was in line. So, we get up there, and after hearing all of the other folks talking to her, I asked ....

"So, Miss Boggus, if that was the Ford Theater, where was the booth Lincoln was shot?" :rollin:

Then I had to make it up and asked a serious question about her cover of "It Doesn't Matter Anymore," on the "Remembering Buddy Holly" album that came out a few winters before :o
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Celebrity Stories

Reply #1
who? lol

not that i expect any of you to know who sick of it all is, i met the bassist and drummer at CBGB's a few years back in NYC before they shut down.. i was only about 15-16 then

Celebrity Stories

Reply #2
I met and got Ted Nugent's autograph after a Skynyrd/Nugent concert once.

Celebrity Stories

Reply #3
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;338830
who? lol

http://www.suzybogguss.com/ ...we need a drool and/or a in love smilie :(

Celebrity Stories

Reply #4
Quote from: Scott D;338884
http://www.suzybogguss.com/ ...we need a drool and/or a in love smilie :(

i could say many, many derogatory, inappropriate things.. but i'll just say she's pretty  hot :D

Celebrity Stories

Reply #5
My cousin is famous. does family count?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Celebrity Stories

Reply #7
he's the drummer.. taught him how to play.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CannibalCorpse.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Celebrity Stories

Reply #8
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;338975
i could say many, many derogatory, inappropriate things.. but i'll just say she's pretty  hot :D

Yep ...I even have an autograph from Kathy Mattea that has, and I quote, "Love, Kathy." I told my wife, before we got married, that if she couldn't handle the fact Kathy Mattea loved me, she need not get involved with such a modern Don Juan. She just rolled her eyes :rollin:

Celebrity Stories

Reply #9
Gayle is a very close friend of the bass player (and his wife) from Daughtry. the two wives talk nearly every day. She also knows all of the members very well except the drummer (new guy). I met Mac Davis (younger people won't know who that is), and I actually have had many conversations via email with Joel Rosen (the man who made the Baldwin Motion Vettes,Camaros,etc).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Celebrity Stories

Reply #10
Quote from: Ifixyawata;338882
I met and got Ted Nugent's autograph after a Skynyrd/Nugent concert once.

Awesome!!!! Love Ted Nugent!

I met Rusty Wallace once when I was about 12 at a boat show in Charlotte. This was around 2000...

My younger brother met him that day too. He was about 7-8 at the time, and he walks up to Rusty and says: "Jeff Gordon is my favorite driver, but I think you're good too."

Thank God Rusty was nice about it, and all he did was smile and say: "I'm just glad you like racing."

There used to be a kind of bitter rivalry between Jeff and Rusty...That's why it's kind of funny if you're not familiar with Winston Cup.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Celebrity Stories

Reply #11
Ted Nugent comes here to Ardmore a few times a year.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Celebrity Stories

Reply #12
Quote from: Scott D;339008
Yep ...I even have an autograph from Kathy Mattea that has, and I quote, "Love, Kathy." I told my wife, before we got married, that if she couldn't handle the fact Kathy Mattea loved me, she need not get involved with such a modern Don Juan. She just rolled her eyes :rollin:

:laughing: :rollin:

Celebrity Stories

Reply #13
I've had plenty of possible opportunities over the past 5 years to meet a lot of famous people, mostly musicians. Just never felt compelled to do so.

Kinda wish I'd have gone to meet Carrie Underwood though. :punchballs:

Celebrity Stories

Reply #14
Quote from: EricCoolCats;339041
Kinda wish I'd have gone to meet Carrie Underwood though. :punchballs:

:nkhk: :nutkick: