Skip to main content
Topic: Looking for thoughts and opnions! (Read 1568 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for thoughts and opnions!

Reply #1
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. air ride tech is a HUGE rip off.. their stuff is way over priced, you're just paying for a name at that price..

Reply #2
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-for-23-kit5.htm

Reply #3
Personally,I think No. I think you can build a very nice suspension (including a differential) for a lot less.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
I am not set on buying this but am looking for something similar.... I really liked the ride on my 92 Mark VII so I am kinds looking for some sort of air ride...
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #5
well than this is not what you're looking for.. these types of air ride will lay your car on the ground when aired out, nothing like your mark 7 where it's for ride comfort

Reply #6
I installed this on a customers car in 2004-no problems so far. The quality of the equipment was very good compared to some other brands I've installed. You can build an airbag system for much cheaper but this kit is the s***

Reply #7
The air ride technologies stuff is top quality.  I guess it depends on what type of build you have going on.  If you want the best ride, handling, durability, etc then you need to go with ridetech.  If you just want air bags that do little more than air your suspension up and down, go with a cheaper kit.

Their shop is about 1 hr south of me.  There is a reason on the top builders use their stuff...they know what they are doing.  All the sweet cars I have seen on Power Tour run their setups.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #8
Quote from: cougar1car;337063
I really liked the ride on my 92 Mark VII so I am kinds looking for some sort of air ride...

these types of air ride kits aren't what he's looking for, they don't ride anything like the LSC air struts.. much rougher ride in comparison

Reply #9
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;337183
these types of air ride kits aren't what he's looking for, they don't ride anything like the LSC air struts.. much rougher ride in comparison

yes BUT I have seen how it makes the car handle and that also makes me interested..
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #10
you have to take a lot into consideration as to handling.. you get better handling out of racing struts/springs than you do air ride. air ride is more for appearance than handling. i've used air ride tech's normal double-bellow bags and they don't ride any better than slam specialties, chassis tech or others. bags are stiff and very un-forgiving, sometimes worse than leaf springs

Reply #12
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;337205
you have to take a lot into consideration as to handling.. you get better handling out of racing struts/springs than you do air ride. air ride is more for appearance than handling. i've used air ride tech's normal double-bellow bags and they don't ride any better than slam specialties, chassis tech or others. bags are stiff and very un-forgiving, sometimes worse than leaf springs

I will agree that springs/struts typically handle better than bags...but air ride technologies stuff is made to handle better than traditional air bags:

air ride Camaro
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube